008

"What do you want?" I asked and looked at her. "Stop hanging out with that girl you were with yesterday. I don't like her" she said making me furrow my brows in confusion.

"Cassie, it doesn't mean that because you don't like a female here means that I stop hanging out with them. She's nice to talk to when you get to know her" I explained to her making frown.

She was about to step forward when Tora and Kei growled in warning. "Watch your female" Tora said as he looked at Jason.

"It's either that or we won't be friends anymore"  she said as she glared at me. I blinked in surprise.

"What?" I asked making her huff. "Yes, it's that or we won't be friends anymore Sera" She said making me shake my head. "Well then, let's not be friends anymore. You can't tell me on who I need to become friends with Cassie" I said making her scoff.

"Fine but don't ever come back to me asking to be friends with me again" she said and left. I can feel my anger and disappointment bubbling inside of me as I watch her leave.

{Meanwhile }

"How could she?! I was her friend all this time and now she ditched me because of that female!" Cassie angrily yelled as they arrived at their house.

Jason, and the other wolf male Mark, followed after her. "Don't worry about her Cassie, she doesn't know how good you are and she doesn't deserve you" Jason tried to comfort his mate but she just slapped his hand away.

Jason's ears flattened in sadness. "She'll play for this! Just she wait, she'll crawling back to me" Cassie scowled as she sat down on the bed.

{.... }

"I can't believe Cassie did that" I muttered with a sigh. "She might be just jealous of you. Don't worry about it" Tora tried to comfort me making me smile a bit.

"It's just I can't believe she would end our friendship just because of that. I mean there's nothing wrong with me being friends with other female's right?" I asked I as I turned to both of them.

"Of course not!" They both said making me chuckle a bit. 'Males would really agree with their mate no matter what' I shaked my head before looking up the sky.

"Kei, can you go and gather more grass? I don't think the bed is big enough for all of us" I said making his ears perk up.

"So, your really going to accept me?" He said making me nod. "Yes, but can you wait a day or two before we mate?" I asked and he nodded in response.

"Of course. I'll go and gather some grass now" he said before running off. A small chuckle escaped my lips as I watch him.

I then turned my attention to Tora. "You wouldn't mind me accepting him right?" I asked making him shake his head. "Your protection and needs come first, I don't care how many mates you'll take as long as your safe and well protected. I'm content with that" he said making me hum.

We both then waited for Kei to return. "I probably should start weaving some baskets, and maybe gather cotton and herbs for the cold season" I muttered and turned to Tora who was looking at me a bit worried.

"Your probably should get more mates tomorrow because you know how hard it is to find food in the cold season right?" He said making me shake my head a bit.

"We can just try preserving the meat using smoking method" I said making him look at me in surprise. "You know how to preserve meat?" He asked making me nod with a smile.

'In the novel, it was Cassie who introduced the method of smoking meat in order to preserve them. That was also one reason why she became popular with the males even though she was a half beast' I thought.

"Do you wanna try it out later? I really don't know how long you need to smoke it but we can try for now since it's not cold season yet and there's plenty of prey" I stated making him nod.

"I'll wait for Kei to return, I'll hunt home meat for you to try 'smoking' it" Tora said making me nod.

"Yes, but before that we also need to gather some firewood because we need it to smoke the meat. We also need some vines and a few pieces of bamboo" I explained while Tora listened, and probably took some mental notes about what I'm saying.

Soon Kei returned and I explained the things I was planning to him. "If you really can smoke the meat, many females and cubs would be save. There are several male cubs and even adult males that die every cold season because of the lack of food" Kei said making me nod.

"Exactly. Males would offer themselves to their females in order for their mates to survive" I stated making them both nod.

"If this will become a success, we can save many females, and cubs too" I said with a smile.

"I'll go and gather the things you need, I'll also hunt some meat for you" Tora said before he shifted into his tiger form before running off.

"I'll help you make the bed" I said as I stood up. Kei immediately shaked his head when I said that.

"No, I can do it myself. A female should never work, she should just leave it to her males" Kei said making me sigh.

"Kei no, I want to help" I said with a slight pout. "But" Kei tried to argue but I shake my head. "Alright" he finally said, not wanting to argue or upset me more.

••••••

After a few hours, Tora finally came back and we started smoking smoking some rabbit meat.

"Do you think this is ready?" Kei asked making me shake my head. I don't think so yet" I mumbled.

"Maybe another hour would be good" I suggest making them nod. "I'll cook something for you while we wait" Tora said making me nod.

"I'll eat when I get back. Kei take me to the river, I want to take a bath" I said and Kei nodded. I went inside and took some spare clothes and went back outside.

"We'll be back in a bit" I said as Kei lifted me up.

"Do you think the smoking will work?" Kei asked as he began walking to the river. "I hope it will. Because it can save countless beast and females" I said before we descend in silence.

'Cassie was praises to be smart because she was the one who invented the baskets and the smoking method. Even though she was a half beast, she gained countless suitors and males. I think in the novel she had about 25 or 30 mates?' I thought as I tried to remember how many mates she had in the original novel.

'Her strongest was a eight star beast, and if I remembered correctly he was a king in one of the many cities here. What type of beast was he again? Lion? Or was it a tiger? Or maybe it was a bear?' I thought as I tried remembering the strongest mate Cassie had.

'Other than her males, she also had countless suitors' I grinned as I remembered some of her suitors.

'Now that's where I step in, I think I'll be snatching some of her suitors to be mine. She wouldn't mind' I can't help but giggle a bit making Kei look at me.

'If I remembered correctly, she had this black panther male suitors. He was a five star beast so I didn't understand why Cassie didn't accept him. A little scar doesn't make someone ugly' I shaked my head as we arrived at the river.

"I'll call you when I'm done" I said as Kei put me down and proceeded to go behind a tree.
With a shrug, I stripped off my clothes and went to take a bath in the river.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏