019

•••••

"So, how many females are here in total again? If you include me and the new  ones" I asked Rio as we arrived at the bonfire later that night.

"There well be 22 females in total here. Including you, and only two are whole females while the rest are half beast" Rio answered as we sat at an empty seat.

I looked around till I saw Fara who was already looking at me. I smiled and waved at her, which made her shyly wave back.

Her mates looked at me with a mixture or relief and surprise. 'Guess that's understandable, considering how that female earlier acted' I sighed and just continued looking around.

"I sure hope I can enjoy this bonfire tonight" I muttered before looking at Tora. But it seems like I spoke to soon as two angry females went over to me.

The whole place went quiet and watched us. 'Well damn' I groaned as Rio pulled gently and stood in front of me, somewhat growling at the males and the two females.

'Okay, I know I shouldn't laugh at a serious situation like this but it's just weird to hear a beastman, especially a bird beastman to growl' I thought and almost let a giggle out.

"You! How dare you kill one my cubs mate!!" An older looking female screeched at me, and her mates began growling.

In return my own males growled making me sigh. 'Fine, let's just get over this' I huffed and step out of Rio's back a bit.

"Listen here lady, your stupid cub was the first one to challenge my mate and almost got him killed if I didn't interfere so don't come yelling at me how it was my fault that her mate died.

It was her fault for being stupid enough to challenge me, or my mates. She might have 15 mates and I only have five but, they're much powerful that hers, while weakest is a one star, mine is a three star. So I think you should asses the situation carefully before trying to fight me" I glared at the two of them and watched Tora and Archie shift.

They bared their teeths and roared at the other males, probably releasing their beast pressure too as some of the weaker males had their ears down and avoided looking at them in the eyes.

"Think twice about it, my village was kind enough to let you stay but I will not hesitate to kick you out if your end up endangering my female" Rio said before looking around, finally spotting the village chief.

"Tell your villagemen to behave, they've annoyed my mate to much" Rio sent him a glare, which in return made him sigh as he looked at his two village females.

"Sarah, Belle enough please. I don't want you two to be the reason on why my female has to sleep in the cold grounds tonight if you get us kick, and I don't think any of the others would like that to happen to their females too" he said which made the other males start growling in agreement.

"I.... Why are you even in her side?! I am your sister!!" The older woman looked at the village chief with hurt and anger.

"You may be my sister but that doesn't mean I will choose you over the security of my own mate" He growled at her.

"This is not over!" She screeched as she pointed at me and stomped away. Her mates all growled and glared at me and soon followed worriedly after their mate.

"I will have my revenge! Just you wait!" Belle glared at me and walked away. I huffed in response and sat back down.

"I'm sorry for the trouble, you may now enjoy the bonfire. Let the males start competing!" Rio said making the singles males roar in excitement. After all, they wouldn't miss a change to try and impress a female who might want to take them as a mate.