Chapter 94 - Loophole...

Nik and I had left the living room once Esther had left as I needed to get this binding spell on us, sorted as soon as possible.

I needed to do this because I wanted to make sure that she could not kill my family when the time came.

So we had left Dad and the others in the living room while Nik and I went looking into this spell.

You see, over the past couple of hours from looking into this, I had learnt that the spell she had cast on us, was a more difficult one to undo and I was not happy to admit that this was getting to me.

I looked over to my husband and couldn't help the smile to come to my face, you see Nik was currently sitting in the middle of the floor with his legs crossed and he had books surrounding him in a circle.

"You know I can feel you staring at me right" he said, not looking up.

I smirked, "well it's my right to stare at my husband and when your husband is as good looking as mine" I said.

Nik grinned as he looked at me, "So I am guessing that there is nothing in those books?" he asked.

I sighed as I shook my head, "nothing that can help unlink us unfortunately" I admitted.

He sighed as he stood and walked over to me, "So we have nothing?" he asked.

I sighed, "okay let's go through what we do know" I said.

He nodded, "we know that Esther did the binding spell once Finn left the room" I said.

He sighed but nodded, "We know that she wanted to speak to Elena before the dance and the spell" he said.

I nodded, "being that Finn took her up to speak with your mother" I said.

Nik nodded, "she then would have proceeded to ask for her blood, saying that it was to make us human" he said.

I sighed, "being that she would have had to keep up with the lie due to Finn being in the room" I said.

He smirked, "true" he said.

I smiled as he looked at me again, "so are we assuming that she did the spell to link us, once they both left the room?" he asked.

I nodded, "I believe so" I muttered.

He sighed, "what do you know about the spell she did?" he asked.

I looked at him, "I know that the spell she used on us would have needed the blood from a parent" I said.

He nodded, "John and herself" he muttered.

I nodded, "and then she would have needed the blood of the doppleganger as well" I explained.

He frowned, "why, Elena has nothing to do with this" he said.

I smiled, "well being that Esther would have had to use Tatia's blood in the immortality spell she cast back then" I explained.

He nodded, "Elena's would have worked for this spell, being that they are carbon copies of each other" I admitted.

Nik snapped his head to me, "carbon copy?" he asked.

I nodded as he turned around and grabbed a book that was sitting behind him, I frowned as he turned back to me and smiled, "here" he said.

I took the book from him and noticed that it was an old grimoire, one that I had removed from a Bennett witch back in the early 1300's.

When she was caught luring young men to their deaths, saying it was because all men were nothing more than predators.

I gently took the book and looked down, noticing that it was an unlinking spell for the one cast on us, but this one was a powerful one as it needed to use the dopplegangers blood.