Chapter 3 - Love at first sight...

I had been here for a week and I was beginning to doubt everything that my father had ever told me; he would always say that everyone had a motive for helping people, yet here I was in the home of some complete strangers and there was nothing they were wanting in exchange for me being here.

Well apart from their father Mikeal, he did not like me one bit. A couple of days later he found out that I was reading to Henrik and he said that I was making his son a pussy, that he needed to learn to protect the woman in this village.

Since that day he always said I was a smart mouth bitch but that didn't bother me as it wasn't the first time or going to be the last someone said that to me.

Another thing that was annoying me from being with my father was that John always said that there was no such thing as love at first sight; he would say it was more a fairytale that someone told.

But here was a man that was everything I wanted and needed, he made me laugh and blush not that he was going to be privy to that information and the biggest thing was that he didn't take any shit from anyone about me.

He was sweet and always opened doors for me as well as asking me how my day was, he treated me like a princess.

That was the one thing that my father always said, that a woman should be treated as a princess otherwise it would not be worth being in a relationship, (well when I was younger and he wanted to be around me).

And the really sweet side to Niklaus, was that would always give me gifts as well, from little chess pieces that he carved to paintings that were amazing, he even had painted a picture of me, and I couldn't believe it was me as the picture was beautiful.

Then there were his brothers and sister. I thought that they would have shunned me being that I was an outsider but they were amazing with me, they had accepted me for me and didnt have an issue with me or my temper as Mikeal had gotten on the wrong end of.

Being as it was my temper that always worried me, being that it was normally my own brothers that could only calm me down, explaining that I was more like shoot first and then ask.

But they liked my fiery temper, saying it was worth it as it showed that they were cared for and vice versa.

But the amazing and best part to all this, was that Niklaus said that he was the happiest he has ever been with me in his life.

His mother was over the moon that we were spending time together and said that she knew I was sent for him, but his father well I was right about him.

He was a nasty piece of work to both his children and his wife.

I didn't know what had happened for him to be this way but I knew that I needed to get Niklaus and his siblings some fighting and protective skills for them to be able to protect themselves and each other.

Of course I missed my brothers like crazy, and I missed them so much knowing that I would for the rest of my life as well, but there was no way home for me anymore.

Esther had explained that the magic on me was even more powerful than the magic that she had, and the only way I would return home would be by this witch.

And I also knew that if I left, I would lose my Niklaus and I didn't want that as he was my world in the short time I had known him.

And I knew that if they were here, they would tell me to be happy, to make sure that I chose who to be with.

It was then that I decided that this was what I was going to do, I was going to stay and make a new life, a life with the man I was falling in love with.