Chapter 59 - Wait, What...

Rebekah turned to me and smirked, "so you have finally accepted it then" she said.

I rolled my eyes at her as Nik laughed, "so back onto topic before my darling wife levels the mansions" he said.

I rolled my eyes, "it's not that bad" I muttered.

Nik just laughed as I turned to Esther and sighed, "what do you want?" I asked.

She turned to me and growled, "to spend time with my family Polaris" she snapped.

I rolled my eyes as Nik growled and stepped towards her, "watch how you speak to my wife" he snarled.

Finn sighed as he walked over to us, "breath" he said.

Nik sighed but nodded as he turned to his mother, "I'm sorry I shouldn't have snapped at you" he said.

Esther looked shocked that her son was saying sorry but she just nodded.

I growled as she sighed, "I'm sorry as well, I shouldn't have snapped either" she said.

We all looked at her as she smiled, "but I have come back for a reason" she explained.

I frowned, "excuse me?" I asked.

She smiled as she walked over to Nik and I, "Do you know why I am here?" she asked.

I shook my head as Nik looked down, "to kill us" he said.

I growled when he said this as everyone knew no one touched my husband or our family.

She laughed, "no my son" she said.

Nik frowned as I linked my hand with his, smiling as he calmed down straight away.

"I am here because I wish to be a family," she explained.

I frowned at this as she smiled, "I wish to put our past behind us" she explained.

I laughed as she smiled, "I would just like to be the family I always wanted us to be before all this happened" she explained.

I kept the snort in as now was not the time and I knew that our brothers would only scold me for it later.

I noticed that Finn was looking at his mother with concern in his eyes, "Excuse me?" he said.

She turned to him and sighed, "I have spent 1000 years on the other side" she explained.

We nodded, "I have watched as you all have killed, slaughtered as well as lost family members" she said.

I held up my hand, "as touching as this is" I said.

She turned to me and frowned, "this needs to wait" I said.

She turned to me and coughed, "What" she said.

I smirked, "First off, it's excuse me" I said.

She sighed but nodded, "and Elijah and Kol aren't here" I explained.

She nodded as she looked around, "Well can't you explain this to them later" she asked.

Rebekah laughed, "I really don't think you want Elijah swearing at you again" she said.

She sighed but nodded, "Fine" she said.

I smirked as she turned around and walked out of the room as Rebekah turned to me, "you really went and corrected her?" she asked.

I rolled my eyes at her, "you know it annoys me" I said.

Dean snorted, "it never used to" he said.

I ignored him as she smiled, "she wants to be a family" she whispered.