𝐒𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐖𝐡𝐲𝐬 |•ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 65•|

Recap:

"What was that...?" I whispered.

Ashley exhaled disappointingly, "Someone was here... They heard too much."

I looked over at Ashley, worry and concern written on my face. I bit my lips and walked back over to the sofa. I rested my hands in my lap, staring down at the ground.

"... You don't think they've heard too much, right?"

Ashely looked at me for a moment, sighing, "No. I don't think they did... Your secret is fine, I promise you, Alex." Ashely made her way over to the sofa, sat beside me, and pulled me into a hug.

Right at the moment, my phone chimed. I glanced down at it for a moment and quickly saw a message from an unknown number. I grabbed my phone and read the message with Ashley.

???: I hope you're ready. We already have all of the secrets for this round ready. For you, it might not seem like much, but trust me. Friendships and relationships will be destroyed. Make sure everyone's ready, even though there's nothing to prepare you for what's about to transpire....

I finished reading the message and looked over at Ashley, who looked at me worriedly.

What have we gotten ourselves into now...?

_______________________________________

Timeset: March 4th, Thursday, 1:00 A.M / Setting: Hospital Waiting Room

~Your POV~

After what happened yesterday, we've been stuck sitting in this waiting room with the smell of iodoform, latex, and antiseptics burning my nostrils. The constant blaring of alarms and beeping of heart monitors echoed through the hospital halls out here. Never realized how busy a hospital was until I was there in person.

I feel like a terrible human. As a person waiting on the news of a patient, they're supposed to be the only thing on your mind, right? With me, I can't. My mind's blank with swift flashes of my grandmother and memories of us. All of us. Then, it'd go blank again. I was zoned out but I couldn't help it. Everything happened so quickly and without warning... How come it isn't the only thing on my mind? I don't remember everything that happened. I was washing dishes... I walked out... Sirens. What happened in between? We missed school yesterday.

There was a tap on my shoulder. I snapped out of my trance and turned my head to the side. That's when the sting of my eyes caught up to me. I blinked a couple of times at Zach. He bobbed his head to the side, then pushed himself up from the seat. I watched him walk out the main doors with his hands shoved in his pockets. My vision was blurred terribly. I blinked to try and clear it, but a tear fell down my cheek instead. 

I licked my lips to stop them from being so dry and I tasted iron. I didn't bite my lip, why was it bleeding? Maybe I bit it? I can't remember anything. I felt out of it. I sighed deeply, slowly stood up from the chair, and followed behind Zach, walking out the door. 

When I stepped out, it felt like my throat had opened up again and air had infiltrated my airways. I didn't realize that I couldn't breathe. I looked around for my brother and soon saw them both leaning against the wall. Drake was sitting and Zach was standing.

I made my way over to them and leaned against the wall on the other side of Drake. None of us said anything. Just the sounds of cars honking and driving once the light turned green, many footsteps walking past the hospital, and just city commotion. At least they didn't have to worry about someone in this building. Or they did and they were distracting themselves from it.