𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐟𝐬 |•Chapter 29•|

Recap:

"We weren't allowed to cry," Zach finished off.

I didn't know how to respond at all, "So, that's why?"

Zach nods his head, "Yeah. Seems unbelievable, right?"

"No, I believe it. I believe everything you've said," I responded.

Zach then shrugged his shoulders, "Oh well. It happened and I'm still the same as I was in 6th and 7th grade. Let's go back to the school now before we get reported "missing" or something."

I wasn't able to come up with anything to say. I stood up and walked over to Zach, who was holding his hand out for me to grab. I held onto his hand and crossed the bridge with him.

I could've sworn I saw Zach's face turn a little red though.

___________________________________________

Timeset: January 21, 6:15 P.M

~Your POV~

"Drake! Guess what!" I exclaimed, jumping off of the bed. 

Drake was probably confused since he just walked in, "What's up?"

"(Y/N), shut up-"  Zach was trying to shut me up, but failed.

"Zach's in looooove!"

Zach objected, "No I am not!" He looked at Drake. "Do not believe a word they say!"

Drake sets his stuff down and then goes to the bed window, "Zach, what did you tell them?"

"They asked me why I wasn't at school for the rest of the day yesterday, and I told them that I was hanging out with Levi," Zach explained. "That's all I said."

I looked at him, "That's not what you told me. That's part of it."

"What did he tell you?" Drake asked me.

I cleared my throat, "What exactly he told me is that he went to hang out with Levi for the rest of the time at school and that he felt guilty because of the bet from earlier in the year. Since he didn't call it off yet."

I looked over at Zach, who was blushing a little and looked like he was stopping himself from putting ducktape on my mouth and taping me to a chair. Maybe even murdering me. 

Drake's face lit up a little, "You like Levi?"

Zach groaned, "NO! It was out of embarrassment!"

"Alright, I'll believe you for now," Drake said, then put his earbuds in. 

Zach calmed down and faced me, "Next time, shut up."

I shook my head, "Uhm... No?"

Zach just rolled his eyes and laid down on his bed, closing his eyes. I just smirked to myself and left the apartment. I was going to come back, probably to bother Zach again. While I was walking to my apartment, I saw someone wearing all black, trying to break into someone's apartment. 

I shouted at them, "Hey! What are you doing!?"

They looked up towards me, then started to run away. I wasn't letting them get away. I started to chase after them. There were times when I would almost lose them around corners, but I managed to find them again. We ran down hallways, floors, even stairways. After a while, I was getting really tired, I wasn't really paying attention to where I was. And I bumped into someone.