Chapter 147

The entire region was hit by a burst of Dark Energy. Enemies and Allies, dead or alive, suddenly began turning into uncontrollable beasts. Their eyes became black as their body discharged dark energy.

EEEEE!! ZAAAAPPPP!!

Averus started shooting stun arrows at their allies and enemies, who turned into monsters. But it only worked for a few minutes until he ran out of tranquilizer and stun arrows.

He had to make a quick decision before he was overwhelmed by these corrupted people, making him fire lethal shots at them.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!

Averus did his best to protect his unturned allies, but they got overwhelmed.

"Get closer!"

They couldn't escape since they also protected the unconscious Sonaya and Capricorn. The only thing they could do was to hold the line by encircling the unconscious mages.

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!"

"HEEELLLPPP!!"

Screams from his men were heard, but Averus couldn't do anything.

SHAAAACCKKKKKK!!

But the entire swarm of monsters was sliced in half in one swing. Averus and his remaining men were stunned as it suddenly became quiet. Tetsuya appeared and approached them. Averus immediately fired a charged shot at him.

PAAANNG!

But Tetsuya casually deflected it with his arm and completely ignored Averus, who was aiming a bow at his head. The soldiers also aimed their weapons at Tetsuya, but no one was moving. They just let him move forward, approaching the unconscious mages.

Tetsuya finally spoke.

"I need to save Shinji. Aquarius was with him."

"So, the rumors are true. The Sunfires captured him when Rashina surrendered to them and used him as a pawn to control you by inserting a Demon Core on him."

"You're mostly correct, Averus. But not on the most important part. It was the Sunfires who told Shinji that he had a Demon Core inside of him. But it wasn't them who placed it inside."

"What?!"

Everyone was surprised at Tetsuya's statements.

"Yes. I was like that, too, when I first heard it, and so was Shinji. He told me that they were all in denial, including Rashina until Falkrune commanded Abaloz to activate one of them."

"What did they do?"

"Shinji watched his companion for years suddenly turn into a demon and was mauled to death as they tried to stop his rampage. Imagine the horror on these kids upon finding out they could turn into a mindless monster at any time."

One of the soldiers looked at their dead companions.

"Will I turn into a monster and die like my friend?"

Tetsuya shook his head.

"No. They probably already activated everyone who has Demon Cores inside of them. If you're still not a part-demon at this point, then you're probably clean from it. As for the rest, they needed to be cleansed."

Tetsuya crouched down on Sonaya and Capricorn. He continued explaining while he assessed them,

"The Emperor and I wiped out Demons together, so we know. Cleansing Demon Cores wasn't easy. Even Irelia, when she was young, could only cleanse like only one per day. They were created by a fanatic Demon Lord, the strongest among them, obsessed with expanding the Demon Titan's Empire using the Titan's traces of power."