Chapter 124

The heavily beaten Kane sat on the table with bandages all over his body. Across from him was a pouting woman who weirdly looked like Maria that he couldn't keep his eyes off.

'Hmmm, so the cushion that I punched before was....'

Thinking about it made Kane's cheeks red. Meanwhile, Roberto placed three cups on the table with Kane's newly crafted juice in the center. Roberto then equally distributed the juice to the other cups.

"Did you make this, Kane?"

"Who's this kid?"

Kane pointed at the lady.

The lady replied,

"Kid? We're just 2 years apart, idiot."

"W-What? W-Wait? You know me? And yet you battered me to death!!"

"If you can still scream like that means you're okay."

It was enough to annoy Kane.

"T-T-This woman!"

THUD!

Roberto instantly kneeled in front of Kane, hugging his legs.

"O-Old man, w-what are you doing?"

"Please don't file assault charges. I-I'll pay for everything!"

Kane scratched his head.

"You don't even have money. No one's charging anyone."

"Oh, really?!"

Roberto turned to the woman.

"D-Did you see that girl? Ask for his forgiveness!!"

"Why would I? He's the one actually at a disadvantage. Why is he in our house? Obviously, he's also the one who knocked that door over. Isn't this trespassing and damaging property?"

Roberto paused for a moment as she was correct. He glanced back at Kane, but Kane looked furiously back at him like he was about to blow up.

"Ehem! This is my granddaughter, Wynter Reeser."

He tried to calm them both down.

"Wynter Reeser, this is Kane. We met a few months ago at my part-time job. And now he's... why are you here again?"

But Kane was deep in his thoughts but retained his angry face.

'I thought she's the one named Wonyoung. Who the hell was that name he chose for his Safe Password?'

WHACK!

Unaware that Kane was just daydreaming, Roberto gently smacked the back of his granddaughter's head to pin her head down to somehow appease Kane.

"We're really sorry. She thought you were a robber since we didn't expect anyone inside the house. I was just a bit late since I was buying some meds. We're really sorry."

But Kane couldn't process what was happening right before him, especially everything about Wynter.

"Why are you looking at me? Pervert!"

"Are you a martial artist? Or did you do a background check on me?"

Roberto found his question odd.

"Why are you asking?"

Kane retracted his question.

"Ehem! I-I mean... how about a modeling job somewhere?"

Both Roberto and Wynter looked at each other, puzzled. But Roberto's face suddenly brightened out of nowhere.

"Oh! I get it! You're hitting on my granddaughter?! Is that the new modern way of doing it?!"