Chapter 105

[Warning: You are freezing]

Following Doom's plan, Kane ended up back in the Amasino Mountains to get the Demon Artifact.

It was an artifact that allowed the user to return any innate ability to the caster's direction. Its design was a Black Mirror with snakes carved around it.

Since Kane had already come here before, he skipped the climbing the mountain part and just fast-traveled straight to Hakhos' Castle.

SHING!

[You have reached Abandoned Hakhos' Castle]

"Ohhhhh... interesting."

It seemed the system had already changed its name from [Hakhos' Castle] to [Abandoned Hakhos' Castle] since Kane and his friends cleared the Castle and killed Hakhos before.

"Ez. That saved lots of time. Now, where's the entrance?"

But silenced loomed the place.

"Oh, no! Doom never told me where's the secret entrance!"

Kane quickly scrambled around, trying to find the hatch as Doom forgot to tell him the actual location of the passage.

"WHERE IS IT?!"

And there he went. After 5 minutes, this lazy dumbass took a break, acting tired like he had been searching for it for 5 hours. He sat at Hakhos' oversized Throne Chair to look at his leveled-up forms.

[Cercian Goblin LVL 107 to LVL 126]

[Dark Magician LVL 87 to LVL 95]

[Spider Queen LVL 106 to LVL 118]

"This sucks. If only I could use my Demon Form in Round 4, I wanted to level it up, too!"

[Fallen Monkey LVL 150 to LVL 150]

"Ugh... this is BS! Whoever invented this level capping should be cursed forever! I'm receiving XP for nothing!"

Since his Fallen Monkey was capped at LVL 150, he couldn't go further unless he would ascend his form. Otherwise, he would be stuck at LVL 150.

And then his eyes widened as he realized something.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I could've just asked Aries for the Ascension Materials!! ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!"

Kane stomped his leg hard!

BAM!

CRACK!

Suddenly, the floor cracked.

"Wai—Argh!"

CRASH!

Because of his tantrums, Kane accidentally broke the wooden flooring and crashed down to the hidden compartment below.

"Ugh! Oh! Argh! What is... OH! The hatch!"

And there it was. This idiot finally found it. The hidden hatch was just right under the Throne Chair!

"Huehuheuhue!!"

He began hysterically laughing, pretending it was all intended before going inside the hatch.

***

While Kane was fooling around, Spencer and Doom traveled north to find his abandoned lab. Unlike Kane, Spencer had already finished disabling all the traps with Doom's help.

"Nice one, Master Doom!"

"Right. Now let's move on to find a volcan—KID DODGE!"

WHOOOOSH!