Chapter 139 - The Great Hero Leon Haegen

Despite his severely bleeding character, Leon Haegen mustered all his strength to stand tall in front of the man in black.

"W-What are you doing, boy?! I-I told you, it didn't have to be this way! Fighting an Arcanos Director FOR FUN!?!?! YOU'RE RUINING YOUR LIFE!!"

Leon no longer possessed his robot voice as his helmet was entirely destroyed. He coughed blood every minute as he tried to stay still while his legs could barely even make him stand.

"I don't understand what you are trying to achieve here. Y-You know nothing. Arcadia is not just a game. It's something connected to the Enlightenment Wars. Our Salvation!! IT'S THE SOLUTION TO THE SYNDERIA SYNDROME!!"

[GENESIS VALKYRIE FORM]

CLAAANG!!

Leon shouted at the top of his lungs.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

Even though his armor was filled with holes, the Valkyrie mode still unleashed exceptional speed.

Leon dashed toward Chaos Revenant.

PAAAANNNNGGG!!

But the Arcanos Director was blocked by a shadowy entity behind Revenant. A Black Beast made of shadows grabbed Leon's hands and slowly repulsed him away from Revenant.

But Leon's eyes shook as he recognized the Black Beast.

"H-Hydrax?! HYDRAX!!"

[EXAMEN MAXIMA!!]

[Scan Results: Unknown Summoned Unit]

Nothing came out of his scan. But it was undoubtedly someone he knew.

"H-Hydrax!! I-It's me!! Leo—ARRRGGHHHHH!!"

As the Beast caught his attention, Revenant walked to his side and injected his neck with the Synchro.

The Arcanos Director began to screech in pain as the Beast released him. The energy from the Syringe stormed through every vein in his body.

"Aaaarggghhhh!! Aaaaaahhhhhh!! Waaaaaarrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh!!"

In the real world, his body began to convulse intensely.

BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!

His convulsing was so intense that his body rammed into the VR Capsule's walls multiple times. Loud banging sounds were heard, but no one was there to tend to him as the entire HQ was full of smoke after the series of explosions that Yeonwoo made.

"UUuugghhhh!!"

PHACK!

Leon crawled over to Revenant and then clutched his legs hard.

"T-TELL ME!! WHAT DID YOU DO... TO ARCANOS DIRECTOR ARNIE HYDRAX?!?!"

The Beastman was apparently the deceased Arcanos Director - Arnie Hydrax.

"You are being fooled by Arcanos, Master Leon. Let me ask you, do you know what this is called?"

Revenant crouched down, showing Leon the empty bottle of Synchro.

"Uggghhhh...."

Leon only glared at Revenant, but he didn't answer.

Revenant continued.

"They advertise it nowadays as Synchro. But before, when this was injected into Roxinnians like Bastion and Kaiser, it was called... the TSS. Do you know what TSS is supposed to stand for?"