40 | Back in Business

Once again I woke in the same bed as I did before I Joined the justice league, with the same coffee in my hand. 

"You disappear for almost 2 years, then show up to my doorstep half dead?!" Malia paces around. Stress was something she always wore. She needs really needs to step back sometimes.

"Ok it was only abt 22 months" I say.

"I thought you were dead Elliot." she said in a stern tone. 

"I should have owled," I say looking down at my mug. She throws a cushion at me.

"Ow! Malia"

"And you deserve much more than just a cushion," she says walking over to her desk. I keep my coffee on the bedside table and get off the bed limping over to her.

"Look I am really sorry, a LOTS happened over the past couple months,"

"Yeah well try explaining that to Kaya," she says much more calmed. I lean against the desk.

"How is Kaya?" I ask and a smile plasters on my face.

"She's doing alright," and right on cue a five year old walks through the door.

"Mom, your dumb assistant Rodrick eat my Donut!" she yells but stops in her tracks the moment her eyes land on mine.

"Hey Kai," I say with a small smile.

"Ellie!" she runs over and jumps into my arms.

So the story about Malia. She was homeschooled, and her mother was a death eater. She ran away when she was 18, lost in the muggle world. For kids like us, brought up in a house hold with a knife to someone's heart, killing was our nature. Now this isn't some Apex predator bullshit, and besides if your good in something might as well find a way to make money out of it.

Malia founded 'Oasis'. A hitman agency - You got a bad guy? Oasis takes them away. When she was 19, she found out she was pregnant. By the time she was 20, Kaya was born. I've only asked her who the father was one time and then switch blade in my thigh. Safe to say she didn't want me asking her again, so I didn't. I didn't do too much with the money I made, I actually saved most of it. Spent most of it on my tattoos and knew weapons but still saved more.

"Where have you been?" Kaya questions. I dodge the questions and instead go with,

"You're missing teeth Kai," I chuckle.

"Yeah! the tooth fairy came last night. I got 3 dollars" she explains.

"Wow, 3 whole dollars? that's crazy,"

"Kaya, can you give mommy and Elliot a minute, please?"

"Yeah ok," The five year old says disappointedly as she walks away.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"So yeah, I'm done for good," I finally say. I pretty much explained everything to Malia. About Grindelwald, about the death eater mark and running away. Everything except Mattheo. I don't know, but I just couldn't. Instead I referred to him as a 'dingus'.

"Wow, ok. That's a lot" Malia starts.

"Yeah..."

"So this 'Dingus'. Why we're y'all so close?" she smirks.

"We weren't" I glare at her.

"Hmm ok," she says taking our finished plates on sandwiches. I knew she didn't believe me for a second but whatever.

"Do you know any apartments around here? maybe a nice small studio?" I ask Malia.

I needed a reset, and this was it.