33| Vegas

TW: Mattheo's sassiness.

Mattheo's POV

Curiosity was killing the cat, and I was the cat. Does that even make sense?

She wasn't ready to talk, so I wasn't going to push her.

The muggle event was in Vegas. We booked a room the day before, a huge suite actually.

I buttoned up my shirt and I put on the black blazer. I almost always wore a suit so there's nothing special about me, Elliot on the other hand; she could rock a potato sack.

She still hasn't shown me her dress, and after weeks, I finally get to see it today.

Thankfully things hadn't been too weird since yesterday, but it isn't good for her to pretend like nothing happened.

Once I was ready I walk across the suite to Elliot's room where she was getting ready in.

"Can I come in?" I ask.

"It's open" and I walk in.

"Hi" I smile at her and she puts on something on her face in a pink silk robe.

"Hi" she smiles from the mirror. I walk up to her dresser and look at everything, I have no clue of what I'm looking at.

"Why are covering your freckles?" I ask.

"Because..." she just stopped herself. I know her father always told her that it was like dirt on her face or something that, but that man can't even take care of his toe nails, what does he know.

"Don't cover them up, for me?" I gently ask her kissing her shoulder. She sends a soft smile before wiping it off.

"Perfect" I hugged her from behind placing a kiss on the back of her head.

"Who are we killing again?" she asked.

"Elijah Bennet and Cairo Fiji. No clue who they are or why," I answer.

"I love getting my hands dirty for no reason," she said sarcastically.

"Bright side, this room is ours till Sunday," I smirk before closer to her ear "So I'm going to fuck you from every single spot in this place".

"Unless you die tonight"

"Wow, cock blocker" I push away from her and sit on her bed and she cruelly giggles.

"Did you say that to all the girls you slept with before?"

"The boys too" I smile.

"What?" she snorts surprised.

"Just once, for fun" I say in a softer tone looking at anything in the room but her.

"We will take about that later" she smiles brightly. She goes into her washroom to change. Meanwhile I go through the things on her table. I see the black note book she always had and I opened.

I found a picture of me in it. I couldn't help but smile stupidly. The bathroom door opens and I close the book placing it beside me.

Elliot walks out, and I don't know what to say next. She wore black silk glove that went past her elbows and a few bronze rings over it. She had a black corset and the bottom part of her dress was the same color of the corset and really puffy. Her hair was let loose, she did something to it, but it was let loose. I don't know how to explain what she looked like but she was defiantly going to make me look bland as hell. She was magnificent; actually that word isn't even good enough.

"OK, I can't be that bad," she whines.

"You're beautiful" I tell her. She looks at me with her face softening. After a few moments of silence she speaks.

"How the hell am I supposed to kill someone in heels?"

...............

We had this thing called a 'limo' that escorted us to the venue. I helped Elliot out and then we walked together into the mansion with her dress drag through the ground as we went up the stairs. We stopped by the door and I asked,

"Ready?"

"No" she said before walked through the door and then we are greeted by bright light and men and women in ball gowns and suits, some dancing, some by the bar, and other laughing their ass's off.

"This is a ball for criminal organizations," Elliot sighs beside me "would have been nice if they mentioned it, this was going to be harder than we thought".

And she was right.