9| Butterflies and Bruises

We stepped into the arena thing, whatever it was.

"Oh, and Riddle, Please do try not to kill anyone" Lucian said while Mattheo smiled sarcastically.

"Finally, I get to rip this bitch into pieces" Tiffany said standing parallel to me.

"Aren't you obsessed" I said sassily once again annoying her.

"Begin" and Tiffany strikes a punch and I duck to avoid it. Then I kick her in the stomach and she bends groaning in pain. As I was about to hit her again I felt someone grip my waist harshly punching me to the ground. Flint then kicks me in the stomach, hard, I think I felt a crack in my ribs. As he was about to do it again Mattheo tackles him and the sound of his fist meeting Flint's face echoed through the room. I quickly got up and as the boys fought I came face to face with Tiffany. She then charged at me with a kick which id dodge but she again kicked me in the chest. I get pushed back but I recover quickly. She goes for another kick but I kick her landing leg sending her to the ground and I got on top of to punch her. My fist collides with her face and as my fist leaves her face a dark purple bruise is formed on her left cheek. I saw an unconscious Flint drop next to me and Mattheo leaving his hand out for me. I hesitantly take his hand as I breathless pant ignoring the pain from my ribs. I put my hand over the place it hurt as we both looked at Lucian and Michael.

"Well that was unexpected" Lucian said. "All dismissed"

.................

Mattheo and I share a quite walk to our dorms. There was tension but neither of did anything about it. I still had my hand over my stomach ignoring the pain. As we were about to separate to our dorm her speaks up,

"Do you want to come over, she might get revenge in your sleep" She asked in his usual bland tone, but he had hope for an answer. It was weird, a good weird. I get this feeling, a tingly feeling in your stomach and your heart suddenly pumps twice the blood when he did the little things. He would be a whole different person, but the moment a death eater leaks in he changes.

"Sure" I smile at him. I went into my dorm to get a few cloths and my towel and as I walk out the door Tiffany walks in with an ice pack on her on her cheek. She glared at me as I just walked through the door to Mattheo's. I walk in and I hear the tap running from the bathroom. I walk around his room looking at all his comics and vhs. I see a paper popping out of the Cd the section and I slowly pull it out. I smiled as I saw Mattheo. He looked like he was about 8. He had a big smile and a girl with straight brown hair hugs him from behind. He looked so happy here. As I tried to figure out who the girl was I hear the door rattle. I quickly put the picture back and turned to Mattheo right as he opens the door. He walks out with his towel wrapped around and water dripped from his curls. I wish I had curls. But what I really was attracted to was the deep tan skin and the many cuts, old scars.

"I thought you we're gay" he smirked.

"Sometimes" I say walking towards the washroom.

I remove my suit, and it was a huge struggle. The pain in my ribs hurt but were bearable. I wiped my hair as I change into shorts and Calvin Klein bra. I walked out drying my hair with my towel.

"She got you good" Mattheo chuckled said laying from his bed reading Dark Phoenix. All he work was sweat pants. I look town to my upper stomach to see a dark Purple bruise. I sighed before throwing the towel and lying beside Riddle.

"So you called me over for some fun or just read here" I asked peaking over to his comic.

"Reading is fun" he stated. I leaned over the head board shifting uncomfortable from my bruise.

"Wanna sneak out?" I suggest.

"No" he simply states.

"Wanna smoke?"

"No"

"Well can we atleast go to the attic?"

"Yeah sure" he says getting up. We both go upstairs carefully making sure no sees us. I go and jump onto the couch like a little child while Mattheo just sits reading his comic. After a while of I just stayed silent but then I got bored and my ADHD kicked in.

"Can we please do something for fucks sake" I say frustrated.

"Do you own thing" he says not looking from the comic. I let a breath out of annoyance. I go to the shelf's pulling out my Black note book I left her last time. I sat beside Mattheo and proceeded with my drawing, the one of my mother.

"Who's that" Mattheo asked.

"Do your own thing" I mocked him but he just let out a chuckle. I began to grow tired and I kept my head on his shoulder, but he didn't move. I began to grow sleepier.

"Do ever wish to have a kid?" I asked. Mattheo doesn't answer for a while.

"Just a wish" he finally says. "You?"

"Yeah" I admitted "I want two" I chuckled at myself.

"Then go get pregnant" Mattheo jokes but all I could do was frown. I couldn't have kids, and even if I did, I hate for them to grow in my world.

"What would you do if this wasn't your life" he asked me.

"I don't know" I lied "I haven't really thought about it"

"I don't believe that" He says.

"Well if I were in another life, I would probably be and Homicide detective a cabin in the forest where –" I get interrupted.

"You could see the stars and read the constellation, yeah I want that too" Mattheo sighs. The tension rose, I got up from his shoulder and my impulsive ass just took his comic.

"What's interesting about this chick anyways, have you seen Magik?" I ask.

"She's hot" was all he could say "Now give it back" and I pass the book to him. But he pulls a Uno reverse and take my book.

"Riddle give it back" I say getting on my knees of the couch to reach the book.

"This is some Picasso shit" he says looking at it. He flips through the pages, which I don't want him to do so I try to grab the book but as I reached forward I lose balance and fall on to him. Our face were so close to each other. I look down at his lips. I not a second later I kiss him, but I pull immediately as he didn't react. He looked at me with a little shock. I thought I fucked up real bad until his hand gentle pulled my face towards him and our lips meet again. Something in my head told me it was wrong but for some reason I wanted this. The similar tingly feeling came to my stomach. But I pull back wincing once Mattheo accidently knocked on my bruise.

"Shit" he said sitting up right with his hand on my shoulder looking if I was ok. The feeling in my stomach went from butterflies to crows.

Was I catching feelings?