20| Stranger

Mattheo's POV

She didn't pull away, and eventually, she fell asleep in my arms. Even though I couldn't do anything, one day, Michael and everyone in this hell hole was going to pay. But for now, I have to be there for her. I tried gently getting her off but her fist clenched onto my shirt. So I decided to just lean back as she slept on my chest between my legs. She looked calm when she was asleep. There was no longer a cold glare plastered on her face. I couldn't help but smile when she quite snores left her mouth. Eventually my eyes became heavy and I feel asleep too.

..............

I wake up to Elliot slip off me and falling to the ground. She groans as she lies on her back while I try to contain my laughter, but I ended up snorting.

"Oh shut up" she slaps my arm before getting up.

"What time is it?" She asks still sleepy. She had swollen lips and eyes bags, but she was still magnificent as always.

"It's 4.47" I say looking at the clock on the shelf. And with that she gets back on top off me pushing my shoulders down and place her head on my chest, going back to sleeping.

"We have things to do today" I say.

"Shut up and sleep" she says. I gently push her up to get up.

"Come on" I encourage as I pull her by the elbows.

"Nooooo" she protest sleepy.

Elliot's POV

And as I protest, I am now thrown over his shoulders. I really hate mornings, I just want to sleep.

......................

We entered the dining hall dress in our attire.

"In exactly one hour, grindlewald will strike. The two of u are to take Bellatrix as a safe way into gringrotts and further. Up till then, you will be alone." Lucian spoke and with that Mattheo and I, and Bellatrix, apperated to gringotts. I walked with the heel of my boots echoing the room along with another two pairs. My face showed no emotion as I scanned the point of the room I was able to see, analyzing everything. Without any communication required we were allowed into the vault. And the moment to door closed again we were greeted by the dim lights and silence.

"Good luck my dear son" Bellatrix said she tied to touch mattheo's checked which almost slapped away.

"Even though I want it, I really hope u don't end up like your mommy" Bellatrix spat at.

"You just might if u keep talk with those ugly teeth" I said with no emotion plastered, but in the inside I was proud of insult. Bellatrix opens her mouth but is cut off by Mattheo.

"They will be here anytime soon" he said sternly. And with that she left not before sending me a death glare.

"How dare you speak to my mother like that" Mattheo spat at me with hate. I looked scared, I didn't mean to insult him in the process.

"I'm kidding, but I didn't think the empathy would fall for it so easily" he snickered as I rolled my eyes annoyed.

We both got in our positions to execute the plan. Today, someone dies.

Mattheo's POV

I stood under the dim light with my hand in my pocket as I heard the vault open again, he was here.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the son to dark lord" he started as a boy with brown walked along side of him, looked to me in his mid-20s.

"Aren't you grateful enough that you got your mother's genes for nose, but here you are, needing more reasons to be grateful" he joked.