15| Arcane

Elizabeth Harkness, 17

Reggie Grindeltine, 18

...................................

We pushed through the heavy doors to find an empty castle, well almost empty if weren't for the king sitting on the throne the furthest end on the hall. He sat heir with a disgusting grin, as he held his sword and the blue shining jewel around his neck.

"Well well well, if it's isn't Elizabeth Harkness" he said causing Elizabeth to glare even harder as she tightened her jaw. The king got of his throne as he gripped to his word.

"I assume you're here to kill me?" she smirks.

"You assumed right" Elizabeth said before sprinting towards him charging with the sword but he blocks her. After a few more tries of trying to damage him, she manage to pierce her sword in his stomach. She pulls the blade out as the king falls on his knees and struggled to breath. Elizabeth and Reggie stare as he dies, well that what they thought before the jewel began to glow. The stare confused as the leaking flows the way it came back and his skin sealed shut as if nothing happened. The king laughed.

"Did you really think that was easy?" he smirked.

"Why are you doing this?" Elizabeth asked.

"Well for the fun of it mainly. I have been destroying my kingdoms centuries after centuries. The longer I live and the more souls I take, the more power I gain" he said. "And believe me when I say your father's soul really helps out". His word triggered her as she swings are sword as an attempt to kill him, but she lets her emotions get the best of and he blocks the swing throwing away her sword and kicks her to the ground.

"Expelliarmus!" Reggie shouts as a blue streak flashes through his was causing the king to fly across the room landing on the floor. Reggie storms to him as Elizabeth coughs from the impacted of the kick.

"You killed them" Reggie gritted pulling the king by the collar.

"Well, aren't we all monster Reginald?" he king coughed. Out of rage he pulls his wand.

"Avada Kedev –" he get cut off by the king's sword piercing his stomach. Reggie stumbles back in pain and falls to the floor as he feels his blood soak his cloths.

"Reggie" Elizabeth shout running over to him. She drops her sword and compressed over his stab wound. Tears began to flow from her face.

"The j - jewel" he chocked

"What?" she asked confused as the tears kept rolling.

"Destroy the jewel" he said and that when she realized it was the only way to kill him, take his power. He stood on both feet, hand gripped around the sword and sprinted once again towards the king. The sword clanking echoed the room and until Elizabeth slips on her dress and falls on her back. She groans as the king took out a dagger and held it high ready to kill her. Has he puts all his forced and slashes it towards he heart.

"Avada kedevra" Reggie shout hand over his wound wand pointing to the king and as the flash of the spell reaches the chest of the king, so does the sword of the girl. Elizabeth's sword pierces through the jewel as his chest. As the jewel shines bright and shatters, the sword begins to glow taking in the blue flames and as the flames increased burning the king, the metal of gold amour builds on the he skin replacing her bloody cloths. Blue light of the flames shine across the whole kingdom.

Once the light was gone, she got up to find the metal blade of her sword replaced by metal in blue flames and he body entirely in gold amour. She turns to Reggie to see him sitting up and no stab wound. She runs to him.

"Reggie" She whispers as he hugs him. He slowly began to change. His skin turned paler and once of his eyes turned blue.

"Why do you get to look cool and I don't" he complains causing her to smiles. They both get up stunned by their transformation and stare at the shattered jewel that was once around the king's neck. The jewel were now red little pieces.

"Let's get out of her" She said.

As the centuries passed by they worked together. Elizabeth, who went by Arcane, the girl in gold amour, and Reggie, a powerful wizard along with Salem, the dragon with scales and skin of the midnight sky and the flames of the bright morning sky. The three of them saving kingdoms by kingdoms and for century they remained immortal. Until one day, they disappeared and were never seen again.

............

"What do you think happened?" Mattheo asked.

"I don't know" I answered.

"What happened to resurrection jewel?" he questions.

"It turned red after losing its power, but it was rumored to still contain a small amount of power so, so instead of it falling into the wrong hands they threw it into the river guarded by death" and that's when it hit us.

"The deathly hollows" Mattheo said.

"It's all connected," I say.

"Which means this isn't just a fairy tale".

................................

We hit 1K!!!!!!