#52

*two days later.*

I got home from school today. I've been avoiding Jaden purposely but it's not like he's been trying to make an effort to speak to me anyway. I don't know what's his problem with the whole situation but I'd rather not know. Alexis came home with me after school and we were currently hanging out on my bed, distracted by our phones.

"Yeah, it's like he just wants a reason to argue. All I know is I'm just over this." I sighed as I placed my phone down. "Yeah that was not cool of him. Asshole:" Alexis agreed with me, doing the same. "Like and I finally thought we were with a fresh start, on the right track. But no, he wants to throw it all away because of something that doesn't even involve him." I sighed. "Maybe you should cheat on him with his brother." Alexis joked. "No that's yours man." I said teasing her. "Pshh me and Javon don't even talk like that." She became really defensive. "Mhm." I said with a playful roll of my eyes.

*Alexis and Nova were then called down for dinner. Nova sat down and ate dinner with her family, which she hasn't done in a while. But Nova was warned by her mother that Alexis had to go home soon after because she had a family announcement.*

I finished up the dishes and walked to the living room where my family were. They waited for me as I sat down. "So, this family announcement?" Kiara asked Mom and Dad who sat across from us. "Well I don't know who to necessarily say this easily." My mom warned. But I just wanted her to get to the point. "Just say it." I groaned. "Yeah, just say it." Kira added.
"Well, we are moving to Washington in two weeks. Your dad got a Job offer there." My mom spoke. My heart was crushed. At the fact that we were moving, or that fact that we were moving to Washington out of all places? Who knows. "Your joking right?" Kira said with a laugh that slowly faded as are parents were serious. "No, we can't move we have a whole life here." Kira said.

"Yeah, we lived here our whole life." I added. I was gonna leave my friends, this house that holds memories and most important the Walton's. It was what most of this was all about. "I'm sorry girls. But this job, this job is major. I was lucky to get it out of the other thousand people who applied." My dad said. "Plus, this will be a new start, a new beginning for us. Doesn't that sound nice?" My mom said. "No, I'm fine where im at." Kira said before storming off and stomping up the stairs. My parents gaze turned to me. "Fucking Washington are you serious?" I said before also storming up the stairs. As "what your mouth missy." Was shouted by my mom before I slammed my door. What the fuck is happening. I immediately had to break the news to Alexis.

I called her, it rang a couple times before she seemed to pick it up. "Why are you calling me? I just saw you?" Alexis said over the phone with a giggle. "I'm moving. All the way to Washington." I spoke trying not to cry. "Omg no, when?" She asked me. "In two weeks." I said.

*it was two days later. The Walton's and the Peterson's were having dinner at the Peterson's.*

Everything was still awkward. Since, well I haven't spoken to Jaden since our little argument that has spun out of proportion. It's not that big of a deal and I'm willing to forgive Jaden, if he ever admits to his wrongs. "This is so good." Javon said in between bites. "Thank you Javon." My mother replied with a smile. Javon smiled back at her as we continued to eat. "Well this dinner is nice. And it's nice to see my favorite faces. But there is a reason I invited you all." My father spoke. Everyone suddenly turned his attention to my father. "I got the huge job I was talking about." My dad announced. "That's great man, congratulations." Dj said, patting the back of my father. "Yeah, you deserve." Jessica added with a smile. "But unfortunately that means we will be moving to Washington in two weeks." My dad said with a sadden tone. Everyone's congrats faces dropped. "What! No you guys can't move." Jayla said.

"Jayla.." Dj's voice trailed off. "Sorry." She mumbled as everyone else sat in shock. "But you guys are family, so of course we would visit and everything." My mother added. "Well you deserve it Ryan. And if this is what's best for you so be it." Jessica told my father with a warm smile.

"I think we should do one more big vacation before you guys more." Dj spoke. My mother's eyes lit up and so did mine. It's been a year and a couple months since our last one. "Where should we go?" My father welcomed the idea as he specifically glanced at us young's. "We can go to Nassau again? Just not that we're older we'll actually be able to remember it." Javon spoked up.

But my mind kept racing about how awkward this trip would be with still lingering tension. I know this is more of a family trip but I'm actually gonna need emotional support. "Can I invite a friend?" I spoke up.

A/N

vote and comment if you enjoyed

have an amazing day/night wherever you are ♥️

8 more chapters to go ..