𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 00; "kiyoshi", the analysis

'' sincerity is the openness of the heart, not many can embody ࿐ྂ

.
.
.

"When I first created Kiyoshi, the whole idea and the whole book was just something that I did for fun. I never would've thought I'd complete it, nor did I think it would have actual people reading it" - author

Name origins ; Kiyoshi Fuji. Her name quite literally meaning 'pure' and 'wisteria'. Original, her name was going to be Mizuki, but was scrapped for no apparent reason. It is later used as her character's name.

Back story ; Her backstory, to summarize, is one of isolation from the world. Because of her parents fear, she was locked inside her own home for her safety.

Eventually, it just got toxic with how the parents couldn't handle the thought of Kiyoshi no longer being the girl they want her to be.

Inspiration ; Fun fact, her character was overall inspired by Tanjiro Kamado ( from Demon Slayer ) and Adrien Agreste ( From Miraculous Ladybug ). I also took the usual aspects you'd get from a disney princess. Thus, her character was born.

More Info ;

Kiyoshi's birthday has never been specified due to the fact she's a year older than Aqua and Ruby, who's birthdays are also unknown. However, it is hinted that her birthday happened during the chapter in her story arc. That's why Aqua had decided to throw another celebration.

• Kiyoshi originally was going to be an idol. Had it still been the plan, it would've happened just like the chapter dear, future. The idea was scrapped because it would've contradicted her character ( the eclipse )

• Kiyoshi was originally supposed to gain a playful, sarcastic personality by the time she had confronted her parents. However, the idea was instantly thrown aside because the author wanted the character to live up to her name.

• Kiyoshi has and always was created to be the absolute contradiction / contrast to Ai's character.

In relation to Ai Hoshino and the Idol industry;

Kiyoshi Fuji has been called by Ruby to be the definition of the unrealistic standards of an idol. This was intentional ( a lot of it was ). In fact, what Ruby said was also based off what Ai's perspective on what an idol is.

At that moment, the author concluded that Kiyoshi Fuji was going to be the complete opposite of who Ai Hoshino is

At that moment, the author concluded that Kiyoshi Fuji was going to be the complete opposite of who Ai Hoshino is. From the fandom's own analysis, Akane can act as Ai, Kana is like in some way and Ruby , as her daughter, was a given.

But Kiyoshi can not be connected to Ai in any way. Not by personality, by looks, and not at all as a person in general.

Which was why the idea of her being a permanent idol was once the original concept.

( Concept Art of the book cover )

However, with Kiyoshi's character, her staying as an idol would've been difficult. She would've been dating Aqua at the time, much to the fans' dismay and knowing Aqua, they would've gone a wrong turn in their relationship.

As much as the author originally liked the idea, Kiyoshi being a song writer was a been a fun, in-character thing for her. Kiyoshi, who has much to tell, much to say and is constantly to be said to have a way with words.

In relation to the 'deceptive' eyes / star eyes ;

Deceptive eyes in Oshi No Ko are known to be the stars as their pupils. It was also hinted to maybe of exceptional and pure talent.

Most of the fandom had described Kana's eyes to be a galaxy.

For Kiyoshi, hers is the moon. A full moon, to be even more specific. Acting like an actual moon, every time she's dishonest and insincere, it gets closer to a new moon.

In most headers and even in the descriptions in some chapters, Kiyoshi's eyes would often be described to be clear, fogged up and etc. the clouds in her eyes representing a literal night sky.

In short, if the author has to name it, Kiyoshi's eyes are what you call the literal gate to her heart and intentions.

In relation to Kiyoshi's character in general ;

"Kiyoshi being described more as an eclipse rather than a moon was also intentional for obvious reasons. Kiyoshi is a character who was always planned to be the rare gem. 'Some people come into a person's life eventually just to go'"

"The way Kiyoshi's biggest moments would always be a rare thing had already foreshadowed her fate in the story. Though gone, she would always leave an impact, such is an eclipse."

- author