𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐈𝐈 ; the world is a theatre

Many many hours and time passed

...Many many hours and time passed...

The day of the performance had finally come, and the actors and actresses of Tokyo Blade were more than ready to step foot into their places.

The costumes were of great material, almost like the real deal— the make up was done professionally, of course.

And everyone went through their lines silently for a final time, before having to head back stage before the curtains parted.

Kiyoshi doesn't appear for a long while of the show, so she was allowed to take her time in the dressing room until she's needed.

From afar, she had seen Akane, who was now fully dressed as Sayahime, and Kana, now also fully dressed as Tsurugi, have a stare down.

Perhaps she shouldn't, but since she could hear them— Kiyoshi listened in whilst brushing her hair.

"I hate to say this... But as someone who was once called a genius, I can't help but be conscious of you, who's called the same right now" Kana admitted, her hand on her head near her fake horn. Her eyes on Akane, speaking directly to her.

She turned away, continuing- "It also annoys me to tell.. that I was looking forward to acting with you again"

"I will defeat you on this stage. So that no one will...call me a former child acting prodigy again" Kana stated firmly as her final say towards her rival.

With that, she leaves— Akane not moving from her spot.

In fact, the theatre actress smiled, mumbling her response.

"I, too, have been looking forward to acting with you, Kana-chan.." Her smile was definitely off, enough to match the vibe of her character.

"I've been looking forward to it..for a loooong time" That statement had Kiyoshi freezing, a bit intimidated by the strong tension the two seemed to have.

So this is what a true rivalry looked like in person. How intense... And personal too, apparently.

"Hey, where's Aqua?" As if nothing happened, Akane stepped back into the room— meeting with Kiyoshi and Melt.

"He's in one of the private rooms. He seems to be really into something lately.." Melt ( dressed as his character ) answered, with a jab of his thumb towards those said rooms.

"Meditation? Mental concentration?" He added, trying to give her a good idea of what he assumed what the blond might be doing within the room.

"Well, I guess that's one way of collecting yourself... it's not usual for people to isolate themselves before the actual performance"

Kiyoshi pursed her lips at that. Her thumb brushes against her knuckles for seconds. She stared at her reflection in the mirror in thought.

Then, she proceeds to stand up — gaining their attention.