𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐈 ; just between us

A hand suddenly came up to hold hers that rested on the blond's face, startling both girls in the process

A hand suddenly came up to hold hers that rested on the blond's face, startling both girls in the process. Blue, star filled eyes opened with a stutter- and locked itself on the sight of her before him.

He squeezed her hand unconsciously, eyebrows furrowing as he saw the tears fall from her gaze.

"... don't cry." He doesn't like that look on her, even more so because of him.

Akane stands to get water, and Kiyoshi visible let out a small hiccup before surprising the newly awakened Aqua further by taking his hand- holding it with both of hers in such a manner close to her chest.

The blond sits up, unsure of what to do when she didn't cease her crying. He tries to make a move, but was hesitant.

Though, he caught sight of the relieved look on the dark haired girl's face.

Feeling softened, Aqua says nothing to the sight and lets her hold his hand.

"Aha..." Kiyoshi wipes away the remaining tears, sniffling slightly whilst she recovered from her little moment.

"Uhm... How are you feeling?" She asked once she had cleared her throat, now feeling quite sheepish from her reaction.

"...." Aqua shifted to remove the blanket covering him, his head down to his lap. "...better"

Much better. The pressure was gone and there's wasn't even a bit of that earlier heavy tension.

It was a light atmosphere.

Akane returns to the room after having informed the director about his wake, her hand occupied by a glass of water that was later placed on the bedside table.

She saw the two talking, mostly the basics when someone who had just went through a literal trauma response wakes up from their slumber.

Though, she did give a silent hum and she dived back into her previous thoughts whilst she watched by the door, not wanting to interrupt the moment.

To be truthful, she had, what you can consider, a scary thought.

If her certain deduction, or if that something were to be true...

It would be nothing but tragic.

Her lips frowned slightly.

'Aqua would be all on his own...without anyone to confide in...'

Indeed, loneliness is a scary thought. Even if you're aware that there are those who care for you.

'...?'

Akane raised her head from it's lowered state, blinking at the image in front her.

Aqua was quiet, yet his attention was trained on Kiyoshi, who was going through her phone and talking to him about something.