𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐈 ; declined but at least in love!

THE phone would lit up her dark room, her thumbs tapping on the keys shown in the screen

...THE phone would lit up her dark room, her thumbs tapping on the keys shown in the screen. Curtains were closed and lights were out, the moon's light barely making it past her thick curtains.

Kiyoshi would stare at the messages she had sent to Ruby and her brother, Aqua, with a soft expression.

'I'm sorry that I had to decline. My parents were concerned that I might overwork myself since my schedule is already packed.. - f. kiyoshi'

She would smile at their responses, but can't help the disappointment that was slightly weighing her down as she recalled the conversation she had with her parents. Mostly, her mother since her father was out of the country for the month.

"Mother, please... It can be a good opportunity for me, wouldn't it?" Kiyoshi had asked, her head tilted in pure confusion with her eyebrows slightly furrowed and her lips a little frown.

"Oh starlight... Ichigo Productions had already met it's downfall.. you can't expect it to go well." Kazumi would argue calmly, masking a certain emotion as she looked at the girl straight in the eyes.

"And think about your schedule! You're not just a person, Kiyoshi. You're the face of this family.." The woman reminded her, lifting her gloved hands to placed them on her daughter's shoulders.

"We can't lose face..." Takehiro would state sternly with his face shown on the laptop screen that was facing them, and Kiyoshi would stay silent as she thought things over.

"... But we have good news. A better opportunity to be... Out more." A finger tucked Kiyoshi's hair behind her ear.

"Your schedule had already been arranged to it"

A show. She was going to be casted in a show. Indeed, it was a good opportunity since it takes place in her school and includes new people around her age.

Plus, this lessens her parents' concern for her. At least a little bit. The last thing she needed was for them to panic over her. Besides, they'll warm up at some point. They'll learn to adjust to how her life is now.

... But still. Her eyes glanced at the phone drowsily.

"... First day and I already failed a friend or two.." Kiyoshi muttered to herself, turning off her phone and putting it away as she laid back down. She just hoped that the next person they offer the request to would accept it.

Ruby was someone she had gotten herself attached to so instantly, it was almost unbelievable. Kiyoshi knew she had to treasure her. Minami as well. The pin-up model was just as dear as Ruby.