𝐊𝐢𝐲𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐅𝐮𝐣𝐢 𝐈𝐈𝐈 ; dear parents of mine

It's been days since JIF had happened

.. It's been days since JIF had happened. Kiyoshi hadn't noticed any changes, but the world surely did. Of course it did. Because not everyone has the sense of leaving someone to live their life without wanting to know everything behind it. Especially someone as purely portrayed as her.

user#1; is it just me or is her smile completely fake?

user#2; she doesn't look too good

user#3; she's probably growing up now?

user#4; where'd our starlight go 🙁

...

Takehiro stared at the screen of his laptop, his eyes on the recent cover his daughter was on. Fingers on the mouse, he scrolled through the comments with a neutral expression.

Kazumi in the same room as him as always. Though, unlike him, the woman was aggressively drumming her fingers against her desk table. She seemed irritated, and that's not a good sign.

Never was.

Both were in their shared office, their daughter and her recent performances occupying their minds.

Speaking of their daughter.. Kiyoshi was sitting on the chair in the middle of the room so she could fully face them both. Her hands were neatly placed on her lap and she seemed to have already had a hunch of what's going to happen.

In fact, she was going to eavesdrop like she usually does but ended up being called into their office instead. And that was enough to have her tense.

"Kiyoshi, dear..." Takehiro decided to speak up after a long silence, causing Kiyoshi to turn her gaze on him. He closed his laptop, sliding it aside and rested his chin on his palm.

"Lately, your performance has been a bit... Gloomy. To put it simply" Takehiro spoke clearly, keeping his tone calm and professional as he stared down at the girl sitting in the center.

"Your smile, it's losing it's usual light. Is something wrong?" Takehiro frowned, showing concern for her.

Kazumi's eyes narrowed at her husband's display, opening her mouth to say something in regards to his approach. But she went silent at realizing where he was getting at, hiding behind her hand.

Kiyoshi immediately shook her head, her hands raising from her lap to wave them.

"No no! There's nothing wrong at all.." She answered, a smile appearing on her face by the end of her words. One her hands had fall to rest on her chest, the other on her thigh. "Everything's been fine, Father."

Her parents had went silent, anticipating an elaboration of what she meant. Seeing this, Kiyoshi had to rethink her words before she took a breath.

"It's just... I don't think I'm.." She started off confident, clinging onto her resolve. That proved to be useless when the stares of her parents were starting to get to her. Her tone had soften.