Chapter 42

For days, Hinari had clearly been having fun discovering different things like a toddler. Together with Shikamaru, she walked around the whole village to take a close look at every nook and cranny. She had also examined the clouds, the sky and, in the evening, the moon and stars. Hinari had never seen so many shapes and colors. For years, she had only seen black, along with the small shadows and the few colors.

She could also finally recognize faces without having to memorize everything for days. Even with her Sharingan, she could only make out a slightly reddish color. It wasn't bad for the Uchiha, the main thing was that she could see something clearly with it. It was hard to believe that Tsunade had really managed it.

How much she wanted to tell Sasuke that she could see now. He would never know if he stayed with Orochimaru. Her mind suddenly wandered, which Shikamaru quickly noticed. "Are you alright?" "I was thinking about Sasuke. He'll probably never know that I can see now." , the Uchiha explained, knowing that she couldn't fool Shikamaru. "He'll find out eventually."

If Hinari didn't know him better, she would think that he didn't care. But that was not the case. No matter what came out of her mouth, he had always heard and answered her as best he could. But in the end, he was right. One day, when she met Sasuke, she could tell him. It was no wonder that Itachi had certainly already noticed. His crows were almost everywhere she was. However, she hadn't told anyone. What would Konoha think if she had contact with a nukenin?

That evening, Hinari left her apartment. She had planned to train. Tsunade had told her that if she was as good with her sight as she was without it, Hinari would become a chunin. This had awakened her ambition and since that day, she had done everything to achieve it. Hinari was also able to see her own jutsus for the first time, and she was amazed at how strong they had become.

In addition to the fireball and the phoenix flower, she had also practiced other forms, as well as the fire dragon, which devoured everything around it. She had also practiced a fire tornado, but she only used this jutsu when she had enough space. After all, she didn't want to burn down the whole forest. She had also trained the Chidori and was able to use it three times even without the Sharingan. Not even Sensei Kakashi could do it like that.

One reason why Hinari also trained in the evenings was her Susanoo. She hadn't said all that she already had the Mangekyou Sharingan, although she had mentioned it at the chunin exam if she wasn't completely wrong. Her Susanoo was a reddish-yellow color, as well as the sunrise and sunset. It reminded her of her nickname, which Shisui had given her. Sunshine

Unfortunately, she had not yet found out what ability she had been given. Itachi could use the Amaterasu as well as the Tsukoyomi. Shisui could influence people with his Mangekyou when he used it. However, one eye could be used every ten years. But what was her ability?

"You should take a break too." Hinari heard a voice, so she undid her Susanoo and looked between the trees. Her mouth opened as her eyes began to sparkle. "Itachi-Nii." the Uchiha breathed before she wrapped him in a hug. Smiling, he gently tousled her hair. With her eyes, she looked completely different than before. "You look so happy."

Smiling, Hinari looked up at him. "I am, even if you and Sasuke aren't here..." the girl spoke, looking slightly to the side. "You know why I can't come back. But Sasuke will find his way back once he's strong enough to fight me."

Hinari exhaled in annoyance. "Yes, I know why and I still think it's one of your stupidest ideas!" she grumbled and crossed her arms. The Uchiha laughed softly and put his hand in her hair.

He had to admit that she had changed quite a bit since a year ago. Hinari had not only grown in strength, but had also changed on the outside. Her hair was tied into two knots on top of her head, while the rest of her hair slid down her back. Her clothes were blue-violet and he had to admit that she was very attractive. He could understand why so many boys wanted to get close to her. But had noticed that there were fewer of them when Shikamaru was with her. The Nara really was a good boy.

"You have to go again, don't you?" Hinari asked after a while. "Yeah, sorry." Hinari breathed out softly and put her arms around Itachi again. Even though it was rare that he came to visit, she was still glad that he came at all. She understood that it was too risky for him. "Remember, a break will do you good too." Itachi said with a slight grin before walking through the forest.

"I love you, Itachi-Nii!" Hinari called after him and knew that he had to smile at that moment. "I love you too, Hinari."