𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎 🥀

We brought him into the house, and I watched a middle-aged woman walk into the room we had placed Taehyung in. "Who is that?" I asked, rubbing my arm. "My wife," the driver answered, taking his hat off and sitting down on the small sofa behind us. His home was small but warm. Everything was connected—the kitchen, the seating room—and there seemed to be only one room here. "Have a seat, please," he said, and I sat beside him. "You may call me Juan."

"This is your home?" I say, looking at him. He nods. "Since I was a child, yes. My parents passed, and I decided to have my own family right here."

"That's nice, very sweet." I frowned. "And your wife is a doctor?"

"She is a nurse, but well enough," he answered. "This isn't the first time Mr. Kim has been beat bloody; oh, no. When we want it to be kept hidden that he is unwell, we bring him here for my wife to look after and treat him till he is well again," he explained. "Why would his health want to be kept hidden?" I asked.

"Mr. Kim's health is what the empire depends on. If he were to fall sick, many—just like Jeon—would rise," he replied. "He must really appreciate you." I said, and he chuckled softly. Juan's wife then came out with blood-soaked cotton balls in her hands. I stood at the sight of it, and she rushed toward the trash beside the sink in the kitchen. "Is he going to be alright?" I asked, and she turned to me.

"He needs stitches to the back of his head, but there was too much blood to do anything right away," she explained, rushing back into the room with a bowl of some kind of green ointment. "What was that which she just took in?" I asked.

"That is my wife's home remedy. It is applied on top of the wound and bandaged up to heal quicker. Her abuela taught her how to make that." He told me. His hand then landed on mine before meeting my eyes. "He will be well; stress will only give you wrinkles." He smiles.

"If he hadn't woken, I would've been shot dead, or worse." I told him. "Although he is the reason I fell into this bundle in the first place, he made sure to take care of me throughout. Even if it cost him his life," I explained, pain in my voice as I blamed myself for his condition now. "I should've tried harder to stop him from fighting."

"Mr. Kim is a very stubborn man, and from what I've heard, no one, not even himself, could've stopped him from fighting." Juan interrupted me, his eyes flickering down to my clothes. "I'll bring some fresh clothes for you. You mustn't sit here like that." He said this, standing immediately.

He came back to me quickly with a pile of clothing. "Here," he says, and I take them, "change in the bathroom and shower; you've got blood all over your skin!" He adds, and I hug him. He didn't expect it at first from his tense reaction, but he then melted into me. "Thank you again." I muttered into his shoulder.

He rubbed my back. "It's alright, dear; it'll all soon be alright."

He reminded me of my father.

__________

Juan's wife, Isabella, came out of the room almost two hours later. Juan and I both stood. "He is healing, but slowly. You may sleep with him if you wish." She tells me this before looking over at her husband beside me and tilting her head. Juan followed her into the kitchen area as I walked into the room.

It was extremely small compared to what I've been in because of Taehyung. But to me, for a couple like Juan and Isabella, it was perfect.

I slowly approached the empty side of the bed and sat down to look at him closely. And although it might seem like a crazy thing to think about, I've never actually seen him so asleep before. There was a bandage wrapped around his head, covering his forehead, and a few small ones on the cuts he had all over the rest of his face. His lips were dry, cut, and slightly parted, but I would still kiss them till they were plump.