𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 🥀

He hasn't spoken to me since. He hasn't even looked at me...I remember him telling me to fall asleep, and I did, but when I awoke he wasn't here. The bed sheets beside me weren't crinkled suggesting he may not have slept beside me at all. It was now almost seven in the afternoon and he's been gone since.

"Miss, shall I prepare dinner?" A maid asked me.

I've been in the library all day reading only the synopsis of many novels. I turned to her with a book in my hand, "He is not back yet?" I questioned even though I knew the answer. She played with the knot of her apron and shook her head, "But Sir would insist that you eat without him. There is no guarantee what time he will return." She told me.

"Does he always suddenly- disappear?"

"Yes, Ma'am. When I was new here I was confused why no one questioned his absence, but the other maids filled me in on how his work keeps him away. Sometimes for a few days." She explained.

"What is the longest he's been away?" I asked. He wouldn't leave me...

"Four months is what I was told." She replied.

"Thank you, but I am not in the mood for dinner right now." I said, returning the book to the shelf.

"Why is that?" His voice suddenly echoed in the open library. My fingers stayed glued to the spine of the book and I stood there confused. "When my maids tell you to eat, I want you to eat." He continued. I heard his shoes clicking against the marble floor and I turned to face him, the maid was no longer here. "I need you to maintain your health."

"Where have you been?" I asked, looking up at him.

My eyes instantly begun to burn as I remembered the camera. His brows twitched and his hands snaked around my neck, holding me. "What, what is it?" He said, gently.

I shook my head, "I thought you were mad at me because of what happened-" I told him.

"I will make sure no one sees that video." He said, kissing the side of my head. "But when I do find the person responsible, would you like to choose what I do to them?" He mumbled, running his fingers into my hair and pulling my head against his jaw. "Would you like to watch me gouge their fucking eyes out for even thinking about recording you?" The meanings were violent yet his voice was the complete opposite: gentle.

"Now only their melancholic screams will put my mind at rest." He continued. "The look of fear that will comes across their face as I have them knelt at your feet, Rai, begging for forgiveness." His eyes darkened when I looked up at him.

"Maybe then it'll be easier for you to accept what I've given you." He then says, looking back at me. I knew he was talking about the ring. I haven't given him an answer nor have I taken the ring off.

"What were you reading?" He asked, shifting his gaze to the book shelf behind me. He smelt so heavenly and his shirt- the first few buttons were left open letting me see his gold chain resting on his tanned chest. I gulped and he lifted his arm, resting it on the books behind before glancing back down at me.

"What is it?" He questioned.

Why was I feeling so hot and bothered all of a sudden-

His arm then snakes around my waist and he hoists me up slightly against his chest so that I was on my tip toes. "I know that look." He says, his nose inches away from mine. "Just tell me what you want, Rai, and I'll give it to you."