𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚘 🥀

I couldn't sleep. I mean, how could I with all that was happening. I was also worried about Giselle. My eye flickered to the closed curtains which were now a lighter shade of grey as the sun seeped through it. The morning which I dreaded had come. I didn't know what time it was because he has my phone. The door suddenly opened and I sat up almost instantly, I got a slight migraine from how fast I had moved. But it wasn't him, it was a maid with towels and clothes for me.

She didn't look at me once, she simply placed the things and left, leaving the door open. My brows creased and I pulled the duvet from my body, but as I was about to stand, he entered the room. I paused. "Good morning." He said.

He was dressed in grey trousers and a black tucked in shirt. I could smell his heavenly cologne from where I was sat and his hair was combed back, but his face was unshaven. He must be going somewhere.

"Have you slept well?" He smiled, walking towards me. I didn't say anything and he then knelt in front of me. "What are you doing?" I flinched back. He glanced up at me through his long lashes. "I said I'd treat you, didn't I?" He responded, leaning towards the cabinet beside my legs and pulling out a small medical box.

"I'm more than capable-"

"I never said you weren't." He interrupted. "Would you not treat my wound?" He then asked. I didn't reply.

I watched him lift my foot and study it before wiping around the cut with an alcohol free wipe. I stared at his face the entire time. He was being so gentle and his eyes were so concentrated on something so small. My wound wasn't deep. I checked it when he left last night, it was a small cut from the glass.

I suddenly extended my arm and ran my knuckles across his cheek. "Are you growing a beard?" I asked. He looked up at me, his brown eyes boring into mine. "Do you want me to?" He asked.

"It feels uncomfortable when you kiss me." I blurted out.

"I'll shave it." He replied, instantly.

I cleared my throat and placed my hand back in my lap. "There is no need for you to walk, I'll have my maids help you with anything." He told me. I tilted my head, "What if I need to shower?" I teased.

"Then I will help you." He said, nothing about his body language implied that he was joking.

"I can manage." I replied, looking away. He stood up, "I need my phone."

I waited for him to answer or give me my phone but he instead ignored me. "Taehyung." I said. "My phone?"

"Is with me." He answered.

He then lowered himself, close enough for his knuckles to rest on the bed on either side of my waist. "And don't go wandering into my office, Rai, it's not in there." He mumbled, glancing down at my lips. "Will I instead find copies of my passport and maybe my bank details?" I asked, studying his eyes.

"If you're lucky, you'll maybe have my break times at work recorded as well." I added.

When he didn't reply, my lips parted in disbelief. "You do, don't you?" I said.

"I can't believe you!" I gasped, pushing his chest. "Rai, listen-" he said, but I tried to escape from under his arm. He grabbed my shirt and pulled me back, "You haven't changed one bit." I told him. "It was for your safety and my peace of mind." He explained.

I scoffed, "Bullshit. You're obsessed, Taehyung."

His brows creased. "And is that so wrong?" He asked. "Is it so wrong to want you that badly?" His fingers wrapped around my throat, "I don't know about the previous men in your life, but I protect what is mine." He growled. "Yours?" I repeated. He hasn't even said the three words to me.

"I'm not so sure if what we had was love anymore, Taehyung." I whimpered, tears pricking my eyes. "This isn't a relationship, it's an ownership."

He released my face, "I have work, I'll be back for dinner." He told me.

I wiped my tears and stared at the ground as the door slammed shut making me flinch.

_________

"Hello." I said to the woman as I entered the unnecessarily large kitchen. She glanced at me from her peripheral vision and nodded. She looked my age. It was the afternoon now and I was bored being left alone with no phone, not that I'd prefer to have Taehyung here. "What is your name?" I asked, sitting on one of the stools in front of the glass island. "Kira." She answered and I smiled, "You have a pretty name." I told her. She didn't respond and continued cutting vegetables for the salad.

"Are you hungry, Miss?" She asked after a while of being in silence. "Uh- no, thank you." I said. She nodded and placed water to boil. "You seem young, how long have you worked for him?"

"My mother is also a maid here. We were too poor to place me in education so my mother asked Mr Kim if I could work for him." She explained. "Oh, I'm sorry." I said. "Miss, may I ask you a question?" She asked, dropping the knife and turning to me. I nodded, "Sure."

"Are you sleeping with him?"

I stared at her stunned, not having expected that. "Forgive me, I do not intend to pry-"

"No, no- it's alright. I'm not sleeping with him." I replied.

She looked confused, "But he let you sleep in his room. Only the eldest maid is allowed in his room- and the marks on your neck..." she continued.

"I don't feel comfortable talking about this." I told her.

Her jaw tightened and she turned around, returning to cutting the vegetables expect she used more force with the knife. Why was she so upset? "Mr Kim has been through hell obsessing over a woman. He turned this entire household upside down when she left him and took his anger out on us." She said.

"All of that for you." She scoffed, but I heard it.

"Did he yell at you?" I asked.

She laughed lowly, "You're not the only one with red marks on their neck."

I stood up from the stool and walked over to her. "Did anything happen between you two?" I asked. She bit her lip, "I should've never opened my mouth."

"Well, you did, now answer my question." I demanded.

The edge of her lip curved up before she placed the knife down again, "It never meant anything." She whispered, playing with the sliced cucumbers. "But I remember everything...even the feeling of his soft hair against my bare thighs as he-" before she could finish I grabbed her wrist and turned her towards me, slapping her.

She gasped and another maid entered the kitchen. She glanced at us slightly confused. Kira suddenly grabbed her cheek, "I'm sorry, Miss, I'm sorry- forgive me." She began pleading whilst bowing multiple times, "I won't add the cucumbers just please don't hit me again.

My brows furrowed, "What?"

The other maid cleared her throat and I instantly left the kitchen, feeling sick.