56th Chapter: Back to the Crib

The red lights are around the nice red and black car of Max's, music playing on Max's phone that she connected to the car, the windows being open as Max goes to inhale the blunt deeply before blowing out the smoke, her going to put the blunt to Lucas mouth.

Lucas puts it in between his lips while he drives, him breathing in and holding it in his mouth before he exhales, Max going to lean back with a smile, her taking another drag out of the blunt that is close to being out.

Lucas must admit the night wasn't as bad as he thought it was going to be. Yes there were desperate girls that kept trying to talk to him or guys that tried really hard to gain his approval he guesses or try to be his friend, but other than that it was a good time that he had. Of course with Max but also with the others, him not expecting to actually have a little fun with them.

Since he absolutely refused going on the dance floor after the slow dancing stopped they all just decided on playing the mini games around the ballroom, them either playing games or going over to the photo booth to take pictures. He forgot how he actually enjoys Mike and Dustin's company, Will too even though he is crazy. They don't ask him the typical questions others normally do, they just talk to him like he is a normal human being.

Plus they actually have common sense unlike most of the Gen Z generation.

And yes he knows he is bashing the generation he was born in, but it is true.

Max goes to throw the blunt out of the window after it is out, her going to spray perfume around the car.

"It's okay, the wind will blow out the smell." Lucas says.

"I know I just want to be sure for little Amaya." Max replies, her going to turn back around and lean back. "I had fun tonight Lucas, thank you for coming."

"I actually....had a good time too." Lucas admits.

"Really?" Max smiles more.

"Yeah."

"Do you like Dustin and Mike's company?" Max questions, Lucas nodding his head in response. "So....I know this would be a even bigger party and ceremony but....willing to come to our graduation ceremony and after graduation party in June when we graduate?"

Lucas smiles while he looks over at her. "Why would I miss it?" He questions, Max smiling more at him. "I actually give a speech at you alls ceremony."

"Really?"

"Yeah." Lucas nods. "Like a whole motivational speech type thing to help students start their career and become successful despite hard times, something like that."

"Lucas that's amazing!" Max smiles as she leans up a little bit. "You didn't tell me that."

"I honestly wasn't going to do it until I just realized something." Lucas mentions.

"What?"

"Get her done." Lucas looks over at Max. "You know why I say that so much? Because Erik Poke said those exact same words in his motivational speeches. I used to listen to his speeches all the time. That saying became apart of my daily life since everything, it always told me whatever I wanted to accomplish I had to go on and get it done to accomplish it, and not wait around. Without that mentality and that quite staying in my head...well I don't know where I would be."

"Maybe I can be a motivation for some who don't know what they want to be, or where they are now." Lucas shrugs. "I needed it and Erik Poke helped me...maybe I can help some others."

Max smiles more while she looks at him. "I really love it when you open up like that." She says, Lucas smiling over at her. "That's beautiful Lucas, and I know with all you have accomplished you will inspire every single person that will be in that auditorium."