8th Chapter: Different Surprises

(March 2024 - 2 months ago)

Max sits in a booth in a restaurant, her eating her pasta while she looks down at her phone, her AirPods being in watching a movie on Netflix.

She looks up when she sees the waitress come to her table, Max taking one of her AirPods out. "Would you like anything else?"

"Just a refill please." Max says, the woman nodding before refilling her glass. "Thank you."

"Welcome. Hey do you think you can ask your Dad for an autograph? He's like super amazing and definitely hot." The woman smiles.

Max just gives a tight smile. "I'm just here on my own so...you can ask him at his next race he'll definitely give you one."

"Awesome! Do you think he will give me an autograph on my forehead?" She smiles.

Max just looks at her with a confused expression, her just shrugging slowly. "Sure...."

"Oh my god if he did I would never wash my forehead again!" She smiles.

"Okay well...thanks for the refill." Max takes her drink.

"Welcome!" She smiles. "I saw the pictures with you and Lucas too at Times Square. Couple goals! You both are so cute!"

Max just gives a tight smile, her trying her best to not cry right there on the spot. "Thanks..."

"Welcome!" She smiles before going to walk away.

Max swallows a little bit, her phone vibrating when she sees Will calling her, Max sighing to herself before she swipes her phone up, her just letting the line ring and ring. She goes to her gallery, her looking at the different pictures with her and Lucas.

The more Max looks at them the more her eyes begin to water, her eventually just going to leave a couple of bills on the table before she leaves out of the restaurant, her walking back to the parking garage and getting in her RV.

Max goes to get in her bed, her just going to lay down and look aimlessly up at the ceiling.

Max smiles as she lays in Lucas bed, feeling how his strong arms go around her. "Are you up?"

"Maybe." Lucas responds, Max turning her body to look at him. "You want some breakfast?"

Max plays with the gold chain around his neck. "Breakfast in bed?"

"Breakfast in bed it is." He tells her.

Max smiles more at her. "You're to good to be true."

"Yet look at where you are." He says while pulling her in closer before getting on top of her. "In my bed." He says while kissing her neck, her eyes going to close. "No clothes on. Looking all good for me."

Max smiles as he goes to kiss her, her helplessly kissing him back.

Max softly goes to close her eyes, every single memory she thinks of causes stings in her heart, like pocket knives are going right through it, her stomach always dropping because they weren't ever real.

Were they real?

She puts her hands on her face, her just letting out a long sob as she turns her body to the side, her just crying loudly as she hugs herself.

She looks towards her phone when it dings, her expanding the message from Will on her notifications bar.

Best Gay 😍🥰💖: What the hell did I ever do to you Max to deserve this?! What did I do?! Why won't you answer me?! Fine just stay wherever you are I don't care anymore!