10th Chapter: Information

(March 2024 - 2 Months ago)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Max feels herself slowly begin to wake up, her wiping her eyes and her groaning lightly when she feels her head pounding hard. "Ugh shit." Her hand slowly goes to her head, her squinting her eyes a little bit from the sunlight seeping through the window.

She jumps up when she looks around at the unfamiliar small bedroom, her being on a full sized bed with a TV in front of her with a paused video game, her looking around a little bit as her heart begin to beat more faster and faster.

"No no no no." She begins to say to herself.

"Hey."

Max turns around, seeing Hillard at the door, just being in some blue jeans and him being shirtless revealing his six pack. "Did you kidnap me?!"

"What no." Hillard shakes his head. "I'm sorry I would've gotten you a hotel but my money is tight right now. Plus I didn't feel comfortable with leaving you drunk in a RV, plus you didn't want to take a Uber anywhere so....this was the next best thing." He tells her. "Don't worry I promise you I slept on the couch." He motions.

Max looks around a little bit, her closing her eyes while wiping them. "What happened?"

"Well you downed half a bottle of scotch of company supply." Hillard rounds the bed, him giving her two tablets of headache medicine and a bottled water. "And you were super drunk and you passed out on me."

"Shit." Max curses to herself, her going to put the tablets in her mouth before drinking the water. "I'm sorry."

"Lucas really is a dumbass for what he did to you."

Max looks up at him with wide eyes. "What?" She questions. "What did I...I'm sorry what did I....say?"

"He doesn't love you?" Hillard questions. "Then you started asking me why aren't you lovable and that he made you sad and he tricked you."

Max huffs out while she closes her eyes, her just shaking her head. "I'm a damn mess." Her voice cracks.

"Hey." He goes over to her. "Max you aren't a mess okay?"

"Yes I am I'm a mess. I get drunk somewhere and you have to take me here. I'm not normally like this I promise I'm just..." Max goes to get up, her stumbling a little.

"Careful." His arm snakes around her waist. "Max you aren't a mess." He guides her to sit back down. "But you can't let him bring you down like this. Hell every time I see you on Social Media you always take over whatever room you are in, you are blowing you are confident and radiant."

Max looks down a little bit. "I'll umm...go on and get out of here."

"Just come on I made some breakfast." Hillard says.

Max leaves out of the room with him, her going to sit at the table and him put down the plate of breakfast in front of her.

"Sorry I know my apartment isn't much." Hillard goes to sit down across from her with his plate.

"It's fine, it's cozy." Max tells him. "I'm never judgmental, unless you hate Grey's Anatomy."

Hillard laughs. "Come on who on earth would hate Grey's Anatomy?"

Max looks down a little bit, her fork playing lightly with her eyes. "Thanks for breakfast. Are you some killer or something though that poisoned this?"

"If I was a killer then you would already be dead Max." Hillard laughs.

"True." She says, her going to begin eating her breakfast.