41st Chapter: High Places

Ashlyn moves the Transducer device around on Sue's belly bump that is gelled, her being seated in a chair while Sue is laid on the bed, Ashlyn's attention being focused on the monitor as she fixes her glasses, Robert standing behind her with arms crossed, him looking at the monitor as well.

"You all never told me why you both are here." Sue comments.

"That's none of your damn business." Robert replies.

Sue rolls her eyes. "I see you all are still pissed from our business deal."

"You mean when you squeezed us out and bought my husbands business away from him." Ashlyn looks over at her with a glare. "Yeah, yeah I still think about that. So how about you shut up while I look and see and observe the baby."

"I want to know if it's a boy or a girl." Sue comments.

"Yeah well you're not in the means of making demands Sue." Robert tells her.

Ashlyn moves the Transducer more around her bump more pressing the button on the Transducer, it snapping pictures on the monitor before Ashlyn goes to take it away from her bump. "You can go in the bathroom and wipe the gel off."

"Wait is it a boy or a girl?" Sue raises up.

"The child is healthy. Continue to eat what's given to you." Ashlyn tells her simply.

"I want to know if it's a boy or a girl!" Sue yells.

"Ah ah no yelling no stress for the baby now." Robert shrugs.

Ashlyn rolls her eyes as she pulls the equipment away, her rolling it over to the door with Robert standing behind her.

"I want to know!" Sue yells.

"Sorry we can't hear you over closing this door here." Robert opens the door before closing it, the wall beginning to close in front of the door as they walk away.

"God she's just a bitch." Ashlyn rolls her eyes, her stopping the roller in front of the counter. "January cannot come fast enough."

"I thought she was due February." Robert goes to sit down.

"Yeah but Max and Lucas will be back in January, then the only thing I have to worry about is check ups, not babysitting her." Ashlyn states.

Robert goes behind her, him beginning to massage her shoulders. "Do you know what the gender is?"

"I do." Ashlyn smiles, her going to use her phone to take pictures of the scan. "You see the baby?" She motions.

"I do yeah." Robert smiles while looking at the monitor.

"Hold on let me call Lucas." Ashlyn says, her going to dial his number and put it on speaker.

Lucas lays asleep in the bed with Max, him going to feel for his phone before looking at it, him going to answer it and put it to his ear. "Ashlyn?"

"Hey. Shit sorry I forgot about the time difference." Ashlyn says.

"It's alright. Everything okay?"

"Yes actually." Ashlyn smiles. "I just got done running the Ultrasound."

Lucas nods a little, him going to rub and softly scratch Max's back while she sleeps. "Everything good?"

"Yes the baby is all healthy, and we know the gender too." Ashlyn smiles. "Lucas you and Erica are going to have a baby sister."

Lucas closes his eyes, him feeling a smile overcoming his face. "It's a girl."

"Sure is." Robert smiles while looking at the monitor. "Well yeah she says it is so yeah it is."