43rd Chapter: Happy Thanksgiving!

(November 2024 - 1 month later)

Joyce hums while she cooks, music playing in the house. She stirs the corn in the pan, her looking over towards the green beans before looking at the Turku in the oven, the sauce cooking down in the turkey.

"Mom please just a bite!" Jonathan begs.

"No Jonathan I already said no food until dinner." Joyce replies.

"You literally make us starve for the whole day until dinner on Thanksgiving." Hopper states, him standing next to Jonathan. "Just please put a chip in my mouth I'll be happy."

"No it's Thanksgiving! The only time you all will be eating is when we all sit at the table as a family and eat." Joyce states.

"You guys!" Jane makes her way down the stairs, her turning around while she wears her floral autumn colored sundress, her long brown hair being down her back. "How do I look?"

"You look gorgeous sweetheart." Joyce smiles.

"Amazing Jane." Jonathan nods.

"Wait are you not about to do Thanksgiving dinner with us?" Hopper questions.

"No I am. Nancy Mike and Holly are actually doing Thanksgiving with Karen." Jane answers, her going to stand besides Joyce and hand her a spatula, Joyce taking it with a smile. "You want help mom?"

"Yes sweetie thank you for actually offering to help me and not eat the food." Joyce smiles at her.

Jonathan and Hopper roll their eyes. "Wait they can do that? Karen is still in prison."

"Yeah but Lucas practically controls the prison." Jane shrugs.

"I mean he is a multi billionaire that escaped from that very prison. I'm sure every guard there and even the warden is on his pay roll." Hopper adds in.

"That's not necessarily a bad thing." Jane shrugs.

"Yeah the way I see it Josephine can't hurt anyone anymore and Nancy Holly and Mike are still able to spend Thanksgiving with their mother and have a nice dinner with her." Joyce says while stirring the sauce in the pan. "That's a really good thing."

"Okay everyone!" Will says while quickly making his way on down the stairs. "How do I look?"

"Woah!" Hopper smiles, Will wearing a dark autumn orange buttoned up shirt and black jeans. "Look at you trying to be all stylish for your date."

"He's not my date for the last time!" Will states.

"Then why are you getting dressed for dear Romano?" Jonathan smiles.

"Whatever!" Will waves off.

"Oh come on you guys stop making fun of him!" Joyce says. "Will I'm proud of you for finding another person for you."

"Can you guys just please not ask any weird questions? Please!" Will states.

"I don't ask weird questions." Jane shakes her head.

"Not you, you guys!" Will motions towards Jonathan Hopper and Joyce.

"Hey I don't ask weird questions." Hopper defends.

"Dad you literally asked Gerald did he have AIDS." Jane states.

"I was concerned!" Hopper puts his hands up.

"I mean....he did kind of look like he had AIDS." Joyce shrugs.

"Mother!"

"I'm just saying!" She puts her hands up.