•Confess•Mark•

"You got this, honey!" You hear what my mom says as you put your hoodie on.
"But, ma, what if he doesn't like me back?"
You sigh, stressing over all the possibilities that could happen.
"Y/N, me and his mom are really close, she's talked about how Mark always talks about you. I know he likes you," your mom says, reassuring you.
"If you say so, bye, mom," you say, giving her a kiss on the cheek and leaving.
"Good luck."

It was the weekend, and today you were finally going to confess to your best friend.

It had been three to four years since you two met, and until now, you never had the courage to tell him how you really felt.

You were always so scared of ruining your friendship and losing him.
It was one of your biggest fears.

You were almost sure he felt the same way because of how your other friends always teased you about the way he looked at you. You were still stressed out.

He was also always there for you with hugs and gifts when you were having a bad day.
He would compliment you every day, giving you more and more confidence.
There were so many other things too, more than you could name.
He was the best person in your life.

Excitedly, you rushed to his dorm, where you knew he was surprised that the door was open, making it easier for you to get in.
You then pushed the door open.

"Mark!! I've got something to tell you."

"I like you."
A voice that wasn't yours beat you to it.

You walked to his room, and a frown appeared on your face.
You gazed at his bed.
Mark and another girl stared back at you, she was holding his hand with both of hers.
It wasn't any girl, either.

It was one of the prettiest girls on campus, but she also hated you.

Shit. I'm too late.

Holding back the horrible sensation burning in the back of your eyes and nose, you forced a smile at their puzzled expressions.

"I am so sorry, I should've knocked.
Sorry for interrupting."
"Y/N-"
You heard Mark call out to you, but you were already racing back to your room, finally letting your tears flow hopelessly down your cheeks.

You felt horrible and embarrassed.

Marks P.O.V:
I watched as Y/N fled the room without saying another word.
"I have feelings for someone else.
I hope you find someone who likes you back."
I retracted my hand.

"But Mark!" She cried at me.
"Leave." I say to her as she runs away crying.

But I didn't care at all.
All I cared about was Y/N.

With that.
I didn't waste a second getting to Y/N's dorm across the hall.
I gently knocked on the door before pushing it.
"Y/N, it's me."

I went into her room and didn't see any signs of her. "Y/N?" I cried.

But then I remembered that she said she would be spending time with her mom this weekend.

I ran out of the dorm area, and I found my car.

Only to see Y/N sitting on a nearby bench, holding her phone to her ear.

"Ma, he doesn't like me back." I hear her sob.

I felt horrible, my poor Y/N. I hurt her heart.

I walked up to her, and she glanced at me in panic at catching her breaking down.
My heart dropped at the sight of her, and I rushed to her side, hugging her in my arms.

"I'll be back, ma," she says, ending the call with her mom.

"Why are you crying? Are you okay?"
I whispered.
I hated seeing her like this.
She shook her head and said through stutters, "Im fine.'

"Tell me," I grazed my thumbs across her tear-stained cheeks and said, "Please."
"I like you Mark, so bad. But she likes you too. It's okay, don't worry about me."
She choked out.

I held her in my arms like she was the most precious thing to me, which she was.
"Y/N, I don't like her.
There's no one I'm madly in love with except for you."
Her eyes glistened with surprised hope and relief.
Even with her puffy eyes, running red nose, and messy hair, she was still the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen.

"I love you."
I closed the gap between us by sealing our lips together in a kiss.

I felt Y/N melt against my body, and I made sure to hug her tight so she'd never let go again.