•Leaving•Chenle•

Your best friend, Chenle, was dropping you off at the airport.
You've known each other since you were 4 and have never spent a day without each other.

Now here he was, dropping you off at the airport so you could study in Paris, your dream place.
You've been talking about going to Paris ever since you learnt about the country.
Learning French at the age of 11, and now going to your dream country at the age of 20, everything was great.

But your best friend's not being there with you wasn't so great.

Watching Chenle, he didn't say a word as he grabbed your luggage from the trunk.
You could tell he was hurting inside, but he wanted to keep it together.
He knew how much you wanted to go to Paris.

When you made it inside, he put the bags down and pulled you into a tight hug.
He was stroking your hair and whispering the most comforting things.
You almost wanted to make you cry.

"I can't believe you're leaving... I'll miss you so much," he says. "I'll miss you more," you say.
"We'll call each other every day." He said, with a slight voice crack, "I promise to visit you as much as I can." You nodded and promised him the same thing.

"Chenle, I love you." You said.
"But I need to go."

He stopped hugging you and took a step back. You can see his eyes are starting to tear up.
"Yeah, sorry"
"I'll miss you, sorry."
As you're walking to your island with your ticket, you look over your shoulder and see him smiling at you with tears in his eyes.
He waved once more and mouthed,
"Stay safe"
You smiled and turned, leaving him there, standing.

————————————————————————
Thank you for voting and so much reads! <3