Chapter 68; Tales of the Past

Toga and Dabi led the teenagers and Nova through the bar, being wary not to be spotted by lower grunts. Dabi would be damned if something happened to his future wife and twin babies or his little sister or youngest brother and his friends. He had quite a lot to lose and he refused to let anything happen.

Todoroki - "Miss Nova, what was Sans like as a child?"

Nova - "Oh? Interested in my little brother are you?"

Eijirou - "Sans already has a boyfriend ma'am. He's the reason we came here today. We didn't know where you went after you left our house."

Nova - "When I retreated from your den, I was dog-napped by some kind of mist and my creator."

Momo - "Creator?"

Eijirou - "Uh, Miss Nova, Sans didn't tell them."

Nova - "Well, if they find out now, it may come in handy."

Dabi led them around the corner and knocked out two grunts with Toga.

Toga - "Talk and walk people, we can't slow down. Keep your voices down."

Nova - "Thank you Himiko. To begin, Sans and myself are not from this world. One day in the Underground, Sans was sucked through a vortex or a trans-dimensional vortex of some kind. Our creator is called WingDings or W.D Gaster; Chief Scientist, Head of Core Safety, and Lead Scientist of the War. Many moons ago in our world, he was tasked with coming up with a way to get us out of the Underground and to defend us from the Humans. In our world, The Great Human-Monster was in dire straits for us Monsters and we were forced underneath Mount Ebott, then dubbed, The Underground.

Gaster took D.N.A from a Greater Dog and himself and created Experiment 001. Me. I was created a little after four months after Monsterkind was driven underground. His notes said that artificial monster life was expendable and could be molded to be perfect weapons of war. However, he did not expect me to form level four sentience. At most he suspected an artificial monster to have level 2 sentience, maybe even level three. Levels of sentience are zero through four. Zero being rocks and dirt, one being plants and trees, two and three are mostly animals, and four is Monsters, Humans, gods, etc.

I formed level four sentience a week or so after my creation. I learned common tongue, WingDings, the Skeleton Monster language, chess, puzzles, riddles, sociology, psychology, astrology, chemistry, and even my genetic parents' specific magic. I even learned the magic Gaster created himself. He calls me 001 to dehumanize me to nothing more than the weapon he intended to create. When it was clear I wouldn't fall in line, he created Experiment 002. My first younger brother, Sans."

A guy with a clock for a face grabbed Nova's arm and Dabi broke his face with a flame covered fist.

Nova - "Unlike me, who was created with an adult body, Sans was created as an infant, however his Soul was very weak he only had a single HP -"

Momo - "Like a video game?"

Dabi - "Yeah. Hp is health, Atk is attacking power, and Def is defense. LV stands for Level of Violence and ExP stands for Execution points. Everyone starts out with one LV and killing people gives you ExP which raises your LV."

Nova - "Thank you Nugget. As I was saying, Sans was created with a weak soul. Across the board, he only had 1 Hp, 1 Atk, and 1 Def. There was an incident in the lab and Sans was nearly Dusted. I was able to save him, but there were consequences. Gaster had learned of my healing abilities and put Sans through more dangerous trials, knowing that I wouldn't let him Dust away."

Todoroki - "When you say dust, you mean -"

Eijirou - "When a Monster dies, their body turns to dust."

Todoroki - "You knew this entire time, and you never said anything?!"

Dabi - "Shoto, enough of that. It's not his place to tell people. If Sans wanted you to know he would've told you himself."

Eijirou - "Me and my mom found him when he first came to our world and we found out then. At the time, he told us and we couldn't tell anyone in case he would've been taken by the Hero Commission or the government."

Momo - "Both of you shush. Please continue Miss Nova."

Nova - "While Sans was weak, his magic was not. In fact, when he was an infant, his magic was far greater than my own.He couldn't learn a lot of magic, but the magic he already had was exponential. Years later Sans somehow escaped the lab, I now know was because of his Void Travel, and was found by his unwitting D.N.A donor, Grillby; General of the Elemental Resistance Squadron.Sans was able to have a life away from cruel experiments and tests.

A few years later, Experiment 003 "Papyrus" was created. He too, was created as an infant, but unlike Sans and myself, he was raised as Gaster's child. My D.N.A was a 50/50 split of Gaster and Greater Dog D.N.A, Sans had 80% of Gaster's D.N.A and 20% of Grillby's D.N.A. Thank Toby Fox he takes after Grillby completely. However Papyrus is 100% made from Gaster's D.N.A. He was the sweetest and most generous Skeleton Monster the world had seen for ages.

By the time Papyrus was created, Gaster had lost most of his sanity and started craving immortality. His new plan was to raise Papyrus to adulthood, transfer Sans's magic to him, Dust Sans, and then transfer his own conscious mind into Papyrus so he would have a younger, more versatile body to work with."

Dabi - "Story time's over. It's time to head up to the next floor."

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day 💖💖😊😊 
972 words 
Enjoy 

This chapter is dedicated to TheDoom2022