Chapter 5; Dinner & Explanation *REVISED*

Sans was dressed in a clean white shirt, black slacks, and his blue hoodie for dinner, despite Ichika's attempts for him to go without it. He helped set the table with Eijirou. In reality, He hung off of Eijirou's back while levitating the bowls and cups into Eijirou's waiting grabbers.

"Eiji, you never told me who was coming over."

"My bad, it's Jiro. From class? She demanded to know what was up with the weird skull thing she saw or she would go to Aizawa who would go to Nezu."

"I'm assuming that's bad?"

"I think so. Ma?"

Ichika walked out of the kitchen holding the big hotpot, Natsumi holding a packet of dried seaweed, bonito, and a bowl of thinly sliced beef.

"It could depend. I've never met the principal, so I can't give a proper answer, I can give an educated guess from what I've heard. He could help us find a way to send you home, but he could also think we're crazy loons and have Eijirou taken away, put you in an institution, and we could be arrested. With those odds, we're better off keeping this to ourselves for the time being. San's could you get the vegetables from the kitchen?"

"S-sure."

"Geez, I don't want that to happen."

Sans brought his cup back into the kitchen to fill it with ice and cola. He drank slowly, thoughts running rampant in his mind with the bowl of vegetables floating behind him.

Eijirou snickered at Sans's preoccupied mind, moving a chair out of his way and taking the bowl before it missed the table. Sans didn't even get into his seat. He went to sit, but missed the chair completely and fell on his back. He held his cola upright to avoid wasting a drop. Finally tuning back into the world around him, Eijirou and Natsumi were laughing hysterically, Ichika was snickering behind her teacup, and the newest arrival, Jiro, starred in abject confusion.

"That's what you get for not paying, bro! Go ahead and next to Jiro."

Sans chuckled at his own expense and took Eijirou's hand.

"Thanks bro. Yeah, I shouldn't have gotten so lost in the ol' noodle. Hey Jiro, welcome to Eiji's house. Let's eat!"

Sans quickly filled his bowl with some of the veggies and boiling broth, dumping his own bowl of meat into his bowl. Sans's bowl was much large than everyone else's due to his intense appetite. Jiro watched in fascination and slight disgust as Sans downed bowl after bowl of soup, meat and veggies. Soon after everyone finished eating, Sans lounged on the sofa with a full belly and absolutely no weight gain.

"How can you eat so much food and not gain any weight?"

"It's a gift. So, Eijirou told you we'd explain to you what I am. Didn't he?"

"Sort of."

"Well, hold your questions until I'm done talking. I'm not from around here. I'm from a different world with no name. My people and I were forced underground by the humans and mages and we lived there for several centuries. Many horrible things happened and were resolved, but I'm not going to get into that. Two years ago I was sucked through a wormhole vortex thing and ended up in this fleshy human body.

Eijirou and Natsumi found me with Ichika, they helped me get accustomed to both this body and this world. My registered quirk is called Shortcut, but in reality, I don't have a quirk. In my world, quirks don't exist. We have magic. Bone magic is common for my species to have, levitation is something any monster can learn given they work hard enough. My Shortcuts is something only I can do -"

"What about that weird skull thing?"

"Please don't interrupt me. That skull is called a Gaster Blaster."

Sans summoned a small blaster in his palm as a demonstration. The small blaster hovered in his palm looking around for danger before its teeth dulled into rounded bumps, had two light pink marks appear on the bone, and landed on Sans's shoulder.

"My father created this magic himself and taught it to me. My brother was unable to learn it. Now you can ask your questions."

"Okay, you say "your kind" and "your species." What are you?"

"Great question, and one that is a, skele-ton, of fun to answer. Me, my dad, and my little brother are Skeleton Monsters. In my world, Monsterkind was forced underground by the humans, as I said before. Everyone in the Underground created a monarchy with King Asgore in charge. He led the attack against the humans. My father was the leading scientist with my friend Alphys as his assistant, her wife Undyne is the Head of the Royal Guard with my brother as her student, and I'm... Anyway, I think you get the point."

"Normally I'd laugh and congratulate you on a well written story. But, the way you're talking is too serious for you to be making this up. I guess you want me to keep this a secret?"

"I...yeah. I don't want my life in jeopardy before I return to Snowdin."

"Snowed in?"

"Snowdin. It was my home town in the Underground. Always covered in snow, always snowing. In my opinion, Snowdin is better than Hotland. Too much heat and Lava for my bones. I don't know how Papyrus could handle it. Pops enjoys Waterfall, and it's an okay place to go, but Snowdin's forests can't be beat."

Sans spoke of his home with fond memories flowing through his mind. He was speaking with such a happy tone, he was unaware of the tears flowing down his face.

"I hope Papyrus and Gaster are safe without me. I'll go start on the dishes. Eiji, don't wait for me."

Sans quickly stood up from the table, bringing his bowl and cup to the kitchen. When alone, he silently cried into Papyrus's scarf. It was strange, it was like he could feel the warm, bony hug of his brother, but the thought only upset him more, taking a shortcut to his room, cleaning the dishes with a single snap and stacking them neatly on the counter for one of the others to put away. Sans laid under his covers calming himself down. Eijirou walked in, seeing the shaking lump under the covers.

"Hey, Sans? Don't worry. We'll find you a way home. I promise you that."

"It's cool. Even if I can't go home, I got a great new little brother. Papyrus would be thrilled to have more family."

"Heh, goodnight, Sans."

"Night, little brother."

As the two went to sleep, a vibrant spiral of bright orange and warm red sparks circled the room.

✂︎🕈︎♏︎🕯︎●︎●︎ ♌︎♏︎ ⧫︎♒︎♏︎❒︎♏︎ ⬧︎□︎□︎■︎📪︎ ♌︎❒︎□︎⧫︎♒︎♏︎❒︎📬︎ 👎︎□︎■︎🕯︎⧫︎ ⬥︎□︎❒︎❒︎⍓︎📬︎✂︎

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day 💖💖😊😊 
1113 words 
Enjoy 

What are those strange symbols? Any ideas?