Chapter 42; SuperNova

Sans and Nova stared at each with their own flurry of emotions. Nova was pleasantly surprised that her baby brother remembered her. She had assumed that he was far too young to remember anything about her. His physical appearance was different than what she had expected, but his magical core was a little different, but still had the same feeling of when he was nothing more than a baby-bones.

Sans stared at Nova with large eyes. She looked almost exactly like he imagined her human form to look like. Ignoring the clothing situation, she had dark gold (not blonde or dirty blonde) hair, matching fur on her ears and tail, matching irises, and bone white skin. He almost regretted his experiment. He looked so different from her now, Toby Fox only knows how different his core must feel to her.

"Sans?"

"Hi...NaNa."

Nova rushed forward and scooped him up. She couldn't put her guard down with all the humans staring at them, but what she could do was hold him close to her. Gaster's presence prevented her from contacting Sans for so many years. Well, he's not here right now.

Sans grabbed Nova and took a shortcut to his bedroom. They landed on his bed and a phone fell from Nova's cloak and broke on the ground.

"Shit!"

"What's wrong?"

"I fixed mine and Alphys phones to contact each other through the different dimensions, but my phone broke."

"Say less. I got you."

Sans took out his phone and called someone.

"SANSY! READY TO TRY OUT ONE OF MY BABIES?!"

"Sorry Hatsume, not today. I got a favor to ask ya. Do you think you could fix a phone?"

"A phone? OOO! I CAN GIVE IT ROCKET BOOSTERS AND -"

"No need for all that. Just a simple phone repair. Is it too simple and basic for the almighty Hatsume Mei of the Support Class?"

"I SCOFF AT THE PRESUMPTION THAT ANY TASK IS TOO SMALL! BRING IT TO MY CRAFT SPACE!"

The eccentric pink haired girl hung up and Sans smiled at his sister.

"Be right back."

Sans took a shortcut to the school, leaving Nova alone in the room. She looked in a mini fridge to see half of it was filled with protein drinks and the other half was glass ketchup bottles. She chuckled at Sans's love for ketchup.

That started before she escaped from Gaster. She and Sans were locked in the kitchen-type area while Gaster had matters to attend to. Nova made them both pasta, but Sans had gotten into the fridge and was chewing open tiny ketchup packets. She didn't have the heart to take them away from him so she opened the ones he hadn't gotten to and mixed it into his noodles. He was unbelievably happy and ate without any fussiness.

Another time, Sans was locked in the same area by himself while Nova was going through more of Gaster's "tests" and when she saw him he was covered in the red condiment. It was all over his ribs, spine, and even in his eye sockets. Gaster was greatly annoyed, but Nova found it incredibly endearing and laughed as she gave him a bath.

The room held more than one bed, so obviously that was the protein drinks's owner. Sans had a roommate. With how the room was set up, with the two beds, the weights in the corner, Sans's little desk, it was clear the two got along and didn't argue much.

"Who the hell are you?!"

Nova turned her head to see a blonde human with a weird looking gadget. It smelled dangerous, so she involuntarily growled. Her Great Dog instincts were sometimes too strong for her to bypass.

"Mom! Is Sans in our room? I can't find him!"

The blonde human glared at Nova.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my son's room."

A smaller redheaded human appeared next to the blonde human, distracting her.

"Eijirou, get back!"

Nova used that distraction to break through the window and run down the street. Her cloak wrapped tightly around her body as she weaved through houses and humans. She didn't stop running until she ran face first into someone and fell on her rear.

From what she could tell it was Papyrus, but something was off. (Think of a magical core as a sphere) The outer layer of Papyrus's core was his own, but underneath, it was...different. It was someone else. That also explained the blood red eyes that stared at her.

"You are from our world, but I have no recollection of you. Hm...WingDings will know what to do with you."

Before Nova could get to her feet and flee, a bone slammed into her head and rendered her unconscious.

<~>

"Hey Dings. I found this one in town. Do you know her?"

"Well, well. I had you presumed dead."

Nova's pupils shrank and glared at Gaster.

"Well, Daddy Dearest, you're the one at fault for assuming things. You made an ass out of you and me."

"You were always quick with a sharp tongued insult, 001. Tell me. What do you think of 003, PAPYRUS? It is made completely from my own D.N.A."

"Go to hell."

Nova spat on Gaster's lab coat from the cell she was locked in. From what she could discern from her surroundings, she was underground in some sort of food establishment. The smell of alcohol was stronger than food, so it was more than likely a bar and not a restaurant.

"It brings me great satisfaction that you have not lost your personality, 001. You have quite the intelligent mind and I do so longed for our chess games."

"Like hell you did. What are you planning?!"

Nova lunged at the bars, swiping her claws at Gaster's infuriatingly smug face.

"Oh, nothing worth mentioning to an experiment. However, I do have some questions for you. You see, in recent days, 002's magical signature has been altered or changed or hidden entirely."

Nova froze and remembered Sans's strange appearance. His skin was darker than her's, Gaster's, and Papyrus's skin. And she could swear that she saw his dead eyelight glow a brilliant red-orange when he used the strange Void travel magic. Sans must've did something or had something done to him to cause the change.

"So, 001, NOVA. Where is Experiment 002, SANS?"

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day 😊😊💖💖 
1063 words 
Enjoy  

This chapter is dedicated to Li_isSAD, They are brand new to the Wattpad scene, so try and show them some love!