Chapter 27; The Discussion

Sans wanted to die. Or, at least he felt like he was dying.

"Come on Gaster! One more rep!"

Sans lifted the bar up for the tenth time, with very shaky noodle arms. He got the bar up and Tiger helped him pull the bar onto the rack. His arms fell to the ground, his face flushed and out of breath.

"Great job, kid. Let's get some water and we'll take a small break before moving on."

"Sure thing."

Mayo sat nearby watching over them until they finished. To Sans's delight, and immediate relief, the Pussycats adored Mayo and she was allowed to stay for the rest of the time he was there. Mayo was lifted into Sans's arms and he snuggled his face into her fur. All the photos on his social media ranged from Eijirou, Katsuki, Mina, and now the current flood of photos was all Mayo.

"Hey Sans, Mayo, Tiger. How'd lifting go?"

"It was great. I lifted the bar a whole five extra times."

Sans's weight training was going at a snail's pace, being set at only thirty pounds. Mandalay smiled and ruffled his messy hair.

"That's great to hear. You don't seem to be picking up any weight though, are we feeding you enough?"

"Yeah, it's just something with my quirk. I don't gain weight very quickly, and I can lose everything I do gain in an instant."

When Sans was obsessing over his research, he lost almost every once of weight he managed to gain within his two and a half year time in the new world.

"Hmm, I think I'll drop the weight training altogether. How familiar are you with support items?"

"You mean like Aizawa's scarf?"

"Yeah. Our boots, cat gloves, goggles, and the ears on our heads are also support items. Weight training may take too long to really show progress. So I'm going to have Power Loader come over later in the day. We'll get you outfitted with support items, best suited for your quirk."

"Cool. Hey, I have to pop out for a bit. My bro came home yesterday and he needed me for something."

"Alright, we text you if we need you to come back. Don't stay out forever."

Sans went to his and Mina's room and changed out of his uniform. He slipped on his iconic outfit, white shirt and black basketball shorts with a white stripe going up his leg. He tied his hoodie around his tiny waist.

"C'mon Mayo. Let's go introduce you to my bro."

Mayo made herself comfortable in Sans's arms. Sans kissed the top of her head and took a shortcut to the living room.

"Hey Sans."

"Hey Ma. Is Paps here?"

"No, Natsumi took him to the market. He forgot to get the leafy vegetables. They'll be back soon. Wanna help me clip coupons?"

"Sure, did he tell you why he wanted to talk to me?"

"No. It was strange. He showed up and told us that he needed to speak to you, but...I don't know. It was really weird. Is that Mayo?"

"Yeah, got her yesterday. Did Eiji tell you about her?"

"Yeah, she's a cutie, I set up a kitty corner in your room."

Mayo jumped down and laid in Ichika's lap. Sans happily clipped coupons with Ichika for fifteen minutes. Sans ended up going up to his room to check out the kitty corner. A litterbox sat in the corner. Next to it was a little table with febreze and a scooper. Sans let Mayo wander around the room while he lounged on his bed.