Chapter 50; Serious Dinner Conversations

Sans and Katsuki walked into the, frankly, massive house. Sans didn't know how long they'd been in this world, but they were obviously doing well for themselves.

"SANSY!"

"Shit."

Mettaton rushed into the threshold and scooped Sans into his arms for a tight hug.

"Meta, it's good to see you too. Please put me down."

Mettaton smiled and did so, already gushing about his new appearance.

"Omg! Sansy you look so much more fabulous than you did at that sporting festival! Seriously! No color at all! Even as a human you looked like a skeleton! Now you look so handsome! When you're a hero, you could appear as a guest on my show!"

"Thanks Meta."

"Hmm? Sansy, who is this delicious young man?"

"Meta, this is my boyfriend -"

"Bakugo Katsuki. It's a pleasure to meet you, Koda Mettaton. Your role on Apocalypse Getaway was amazing."

Sans gawked at Katsuki's rare polite talk and polite smile. He was proud don't get him wrong, but...

"Why the hell'd you poke me Richter?"

Sans lazily grinned with his pointer finger still pressed against Katsuki's cheek.

"Just making sure you're still the real Ground Zero. Let's move this show on Meta. I'm wasting away to skin and bones here."

Katsuki smacked his hand on top of Sans's head and Mettaton's smile grew strained.

"I see you haven't lost your proclivity for puns, Sansy."

"Nah they're too, rib-ticklingly, funny to give up."

Sans snickered and Katsuki groaned good naturedly. In the kitchen, Grillby and Undyne were placing some finishing touches on the three pots of chicken alfredo pasta Undyne had started.

"Undyne, I must say, I'm rather impressed with how this turned out. Back home, I seem to recall many a explosion and fire I was called upon to put out."

"Al enrolled me in online cooking classes on my days off work, so yeah. It's fun, but super time consuming."

"As is running a restaurant. When I open the new "Grillby's" here, would you be able to help out for the first week or so until I can find some stable employees?"

"Not a problem Grillby! I'd be honored to help out the old Elemental Unit General."

"Sweet stars above, please don't call me that."

Grillby laughed nervously and turned to the awkward Asriel sitting on a stool fiddling with his spear.

"Miss Undyne, this is, um..."

"One of my spears?"

"Y-yeah. When I was spat out in this world, I found it and when I picked it up, it turned red and worked with my fie magic."

"Nice! My spears react to different people. When you touched it, the water must've evaporated and was replaced with your fire. That's awesome!"

"Do you want it back?"

"No way! I can make a shit ton more, you keep it Prince Fluffy."

"Please don't call me a prince. I'm just Yamada-Aizawa Asriel."

"Oh ho~"

Undyne and Grillby both gave him teasing grins and Asriel's brain caught up to what he said. If he didn't have fur, his face would've been bright red. In the living room, Ichika sat on the love seat with her small feet propped up in Natsumi's lap, who sat next to her, and Alphys sat in a big cushy armchair.