Chapter 30; New Glasses

Sans sat stiffly in the eye doctor's office. Ichika and Natsumi sat on either side of him. Ichika was on his left fiddling with her own glasses; a semi thick, dark green frame with thick lenses. Natsumi was reading reddit posts on her phone on his right side. Natsumi had her arm draped over Sans's shoulder, absentmindedly rubbing his arm.

"Gaster, Sans?"

Sans jumped, but followed the lady at the encouragement of his mother figures. He was sat in a chair and his chin was placed on a small rest in front of a weird machine.

"Look through the eye holes, and focus on the little house."

Sans did so and saw the little house. It was cute, small, yellow with a red roof. A small burst of air shot Sans in the eyes, startling him back in his seat. He was then moved to lay in a chair where his dilated (the doctor explained afterwards) eyes had to follow a penlight. After a few more tests he had to lay back in the chair.

"This is gonna sting a bit, but try to keep your eyes open."

"Okay?"

San kept his eyes open, until a terrible stinging invaded his left eye socket. The doctor had to pry his right eye open to do the same torture to that one.

"I need you to blink."

Sans was able to after a few moments, and the stinging slowly faded into an irritating, wet feeling in and around his eyes. She handed him a papery plastic pair of sunglasses and was led back out to the main area.

"Alright, go pick out some lenses you'd like."

Ichika helped Sans pick out a thin, circular pair of dark blue frames. After giving them to the lady, Sans had to wait an additional twenty minutes before his glasses were ready. By then, his magic healed his eyes, off came the sunglasses and on went the glasses.

"Woah."

Sans whole life was always a bit blurry, but that came with being a skeleton, glasses don't work with eyelights, but now... He may still call them eyelights, but Sans was now a human with real human eyes. There's no reason glasses wouldn't work for him now! Sans just never connected the dots, having adapted to blurry vision for his whole life.

Now he could make out the little freckles on Ichika's face. The faded scars on Natsumi wrists and face. The delicate white star shapes his eyelights formed. He was now curious about how Katsuki looked, unblurry; or even Eijirou for that matter.

While Sans looked at everything with literal stars in his eyes, Natsumi and Ichika smiled proudly, knowing the decision they made the night prior was the right one. They quietly paid for the glasses and two extra pairs and took Sans to the car.

"How's everything looking with new eyes?"

"Amazing."

Sans was hardly paying attention to Natsumi's teasing, far too enraptured in the colors passing by the window at the fast pace Ichika was driving. Shades of blue, yellow, green, brown, red. Everything looked so amazing to Sans, now that they weren't blurry.

"I bet now with better eyes, fighting will get many times easier."

"Yeah..."

"Eijirou will want to spar when we get back. You two, Ashido, and Eiji's new friend Tetsutetsu are doing joint training with each other right?"

"Yeah..."

Natsumi sent a mischievous smirk at Ichika.

"Bet you can't wait to make out with Bakugo~"

"Yeah...wait what?"

"Oh great! I'll call him and let him know! He'll be so happy!"

"MOM! NO!"

Sans's face was as blue as his glasses and he tried to take the phone away from Natsumi's hand.

"Enough you two. I don't want to crash."

Sans slumped back in his seat, groaning into his hands.

"So, the doctor chick said you have a severe case of nearsightedness, and a detached retina in your right eye."

"I don't know what that means, but that eyelight either fades or vanishes completely when I use any type of my magic. I can see out of that eye without any sort of problem."

"Weird. Anyway, you ready to spar with your brother?"

"Yeah. Though, I'm upset that this is the second to last day of the internship. It feels like I was barely here because of the shit with Papyrus."

"Oh well. Just think, in two days, you'll be able to see Katsuki in person all the time and not on a phone screen."

"Yeah, I guess that'll be good."

Despite his disregarding attitude, Sans's cheeks bloomed a light blue tone that gave him away. Natsumi smiled and patted Sans's knee.

"BRO!"

As soon as Sans was out of the car, Eijirou and Mina tried tackling him. Sans avoided it by shortcutting next to Mandalay.

"Nice glasses, kid."

"Thanks, adult. Eye'm, pretty fond of them myself!"

Sans snickered and had to constantly use his shortcuts to avoid Eijirou. Apparently their sparring session started the second he was out of the car. With clearer eyes he could see the faint, almost indistinguishable freckles running across his nose, the little cracks and indents in his hardened skin, the black roots in his hair starting to show, and the determined, excited look in his eyes.

Mandalay and Ichika spoke quietly to each other over virgin fruity cocktails. Natsumi and Tiger were locked in a drinking contest. The two were downing beer after beer. The other two Pussycats were supervising the two sparring groups. Pixie-Bob was with Sans and Eijirou and Ragdoll was with Tetsutetsu and Mina.

Really, the only reason Eijirou and Tetsutetsu were actually there, was because Fourth Kind's hands needed a day to rest from constantly hitting the two boy's hardened heads. (That sounds so dirty, and it's not supposed to be.)

Mandalay was taking notes on each student-hero's strengths and things they need to improve on. For Sans's brother and Tetsutetsu they were nearly invulnerable while hardened, but they could work on their duration. Mina was improving with her acid, and with her natural flexibility, gymnastics could do wonders for her. Sans was showing the biggest improvement by far.

He could shortcut back to back, almost thirty some times, before his body started to shut down. His new glasses greatly improved this, by being able to see things more clearly. It was a shame she'd have to give up her rowdy kittens. At least she had them for the summer. 

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day  😊😊💖💖   
1073 words  
Enjoy

This chapter is dedicated to OldT13f    
They started writing a Bnha*Undertale book, so go show them some love and check it out!

Edit:: I wrote their username wrong. OldTh13f