Chapter 58; Final Exams

For a solid week, Sans had been working most, if not all of his after school hours and nights were spent at the bar. Grillby was able to hire three people and two waiters and one chef. With the amount of customers in such a short time, Grillby would be able to buy the deed for the building from the Kirishima mothers by the start of the summer. Sans was able to stay on top of his school work and homework with the help of Shota and Ichika.

It was difficult, but there was no way in the cosmos he was going to choose between helping Grillby and his new education. With three new employees and Undyne helping out at the bar, Grillby's was functioning smoothly without the high school-aged manager to help the owner.

The day Sans had looked forward to all year had finally arrived. First Year Final Exams. He had Japanese History literally beaten into his skull and Japanese tutoring from his beloved Katsuki nearly deafened him. He was the only one in his to have advanced, college level questions mixed in his written exam, courtesy of a certain principal, with the Japanese and Japanese History portions at normal highschool levels.

The day after the written exams was time for the physical exams. There was speculation that they would be fighting the same robots from the sports fest and Entrance Exam and different theories that they would be fighting the teachers. Sans didn't believe any of it. They already fought villains so the robots wouldn't pose any challenge whatsoever and they wouldn't make them fight the teachers. That would prove too challenging for first years.

Nezu - "Hello Class 1-A! For your Physical Exams, you will be fighting your teachers."

Sans had been known to have been wrong from time to time. He wasn't happy about it, but there was no point in making a fuss.

Nezu - "Not to worry however! There will be handicaps so you all have a chance to succeed in your mock missions. Against your assigned teacher, you will either have to "capture" them in these handcuffs or escape the designated battle zone. And for Gaster, you are prohibited from taking one of your shortcuts to the finish line."

Sans - "Not a problem. Haven't been there, so it's not plausible."

Sans stopped listening in favor of nuzzling into Katsuki's hair from his place on his back. He hasn't used a shortcut in a good while. Something was stirring in the Void and Sans was not too keen on finding out when he was underprepared. Especially since he was practically a glowstick there.

Nezu - "I have already decided on which of your classmates will be your partner and what teacher you all will be fighting. The mock battles are written on the board behind you, in the order you will all go in."

Nezu finally left the room and everyone scrambled to get to the board.

<Kirishima Eijirou & Sato Rikido VS Cementoss>

<Sans Gaster & Koda Koji VS Ectoplasm>

<Ojiro Mashirao & Iida VS Power Loader>

<Todoroki Shoto & Yaoyorozu Momo VS Eraser Head>

<Aoyama Yuga & Uraraka Ochako VS Thirteen>

<Kaminari Denki & Ashido Mina VS Nezu>

<Jiro Kyoka & Tokoyami Fumikage VS Present Mic>

<Shoji Mezo VS Hagakure Toru VS Snipe>

<Sero Hanta & Tsuyu Asui VS Midnight>

<Midoriya Izuku & Bakugo Katsuki VS All Might>

Sans's eyes bugged out of his head as he was slowly transferred to Eijirou's back. He could see the existential dread and cold sweats all over Midoriya and the fury in Katsuki slowly rising.