Chapter 49; Dinner Party

"Miss Undyne, what are your thoughts on class 1-A?"

"They're sloppy, unrefined. But they have heart. With time and training, they will become great heroes."

"I agree with your assessment. I shall see you tomorrow for your own hero training."

"Okay, see ya tomorrow boss."

Undyne left the Principal's office and followed Sans's magical signature to the 1-A classroom. The scruffy human wasn't in the classroom and Sans was napping on the Bakugo kid's lap with a group of kids surrounding them. Her presence was noticed immediately by Sans's apparent friends. She wasn't completely sure why his new human looks changed so drastically since the Sports Festival, but he looked healthy enough and that was as she cared about.

Midoriya - "Hello Miss Undyne!"

Iida - "It is a pleasure to meet you!"

Uraraka - "Your hair is gorgeous!"

Her clear path toward Sans was blocked by three children.

The tallest of the three had his hand extend for a handshake, which she granted him. He had a firm grip, which she took as a sign of respect toward her. The smallest of the three, a girl with short brown hair and pink cheeks was trying to ask what hair products she uses, to which she tactfully ignored. The third, a boy with black hair with dark green highlights, caught her off guard.

Midoriya -"Miss Undyne, if you don't mind me asking, what is your Quirk? Also, are you an Underground Hero like Mr. Aizawa? If so, why did you come to UA?"

"The hell kid, slow down. No, I'm not an Underground Hero. I was a police officer before today. I came to this school because of your principal. My Quirk is Hydro-Forge. I can manipulate water around me, on me, or in the air to do what I want, but I really only use it to make weaponry.."

Score, her lizard love saved her fins once again with a prepared quirk explanation. She summoned one of her spears and handed it to the smaller boy.

"I use my Quirk to make these spears for combat, and I recently learned how to create a barrier with them."

Iida - "This spear is made from water? It's really dense."

"That's because of the water in the air. The oxygen, carbon dioxide, and natural nitrogen mixes with the water and makes my spears denser and harder to snap."

If she replaced the big science-y words with magic, she'd be telling the truth. She had no idea what those words meant, but she practiced her "Quirk" explanation for days before Alphys let her get the police job.

"Fascinating! Can you make -"

"Midoriya, please leave my super cool Auntie alone. I'll have a written explanation of her quirk written for you later."

"O-okay Gaster! It was nice talking with you ma'am!"

The three children scurried away allowing Undyne to seat herself near the front of the room. All the kids filed out grumbling about an "English class with Mic" so she was left alone with their teacher. All she needed was one look at him to gauge him and holy fishsticks. The man was deceptively strong. He hid his muscle and strength under layers of baggy clothing and an unkempt appearance. She could practically feel the power radiating off this human.

"Hey, mind if I check you?"

"What?"

I just want to check your stats, you can check me too. You don't have to if you don't want to."

"Sure, I don't care."

Aizawa closed his eyes to enjoy a sip of his caffeinated goodness. A strange box of text appeared in front of his closed eyes. Undyne focused her magic, feeling more strain checking people in this world than her own.