02.

☽-----✢-----☾

02.

☽-----✢-----☾

♡♡♡

The lab was buzzing this morning. Juniper walked in to see Sam, Matt and a boy who looked to be no older than twenty-five standing sheepishly next to the blonde girl watching her work.

"I'm really not the one you should be shadowing, Juniper is the worker bee and our supervisor," Juniper overheard Sam telling the boy.

She stepped into the lab grabbing her coat, catching the eye of Sam, whose face lit up upon seeing her, "here she is!" the blonde practically yelled, "the woman of the hour!"

"Morning Sam," Juniper said tiredly.

Sam walked over, the boy following in suit, "Juniper this is Austin, he's a newbie fresh out of college," she lowered her voice leaning into the young woman, "a prodigy they say, isn't that something?"

Juniper stuck out her hand, "Juniper Williams, pharmaceutical chemist, and the supervisor of these two," she pointed to her counterparts, "basically I approve what they do and add in everything that happened during the day. What failed and what didn't, simple stuff."

"Oh don't be so coy Juni," Sam tsked, "she's the head honcho around here, she's the number one chemist in this whole facility," she bumped shoulders with Juniper, "and has led us to multiple discoveries in the world of medicine," Sam took a seat grabbing her notebook and getting to work.

The younger boy grabbed her hand with a firm handshake, giving a soft laugh, "Austin Procter, new chemist not set on a specialization yet."

"I'm sure that's your main purpose of being here then. We specialize in everything; our company is expansive and is close to the largest in the world. We have led researchers in and out of our lab to multiple discoveries," she explained.

Juniper took a seat next to Sam, "here sit down," she pulled out the chair next to her and he plopped down, "what exactly did you sign up to do here?"

"I'm mostly here to shadow you all and see what happens in a lab. I thank all of you for this opportunity," he smiled, "and hopefully figure out what exact specialization I'd like to work in."

"We can help you out with that kiddo," Matt yelled from the other side of the room, "Juni can you come take a look at this real quick?"

Juniper nodded, "excuse me a moment Austin," she smiled, walking swiftly towards Matt.

"Yeah, so watch when I do this," Matt held up a beaker full of liquid and dripped a few drops into the chemical mixture causing the entire liquid to disintegrate into a puff of black smoke.

Juniper's eyes widened, "oh no! What happened to our mixture?" She grabbed the tube shaking out the remnants onto a petri dish, dropping a solution into it.

"I have no idea; I've been keeping my eye on it. I'm not sure what I did wrong," he shifted his gaze to the floor.

Juniper took her glove off pointing a finger at Matt, "now don't go thinking this had anything to do with you or your work ethic. We are all a team if something happens, we take it like a team," she smiled brightly at him, "now c'mon let's see what went wrong here."