03.

☽-----✢-----☾

03.

☽-----✢-----☾

♡♡♡

Juniper lifted her head from the desk, peeling off the paper that was stuck to her cheek. To her left laid Austin who let out soft snores with a pen still wrapped in his hand.

The young woman laughed lightly, giving him a small shake, "hey Austin, wake up honey,"
she said sweetly.

Austin slowly sat up, "oh god what time is it?" He yawned stretching, "did we fall asleep here?"

"Welcome to my life," she chuckled looking at her watch, "about eight, earlier then I normally wake up," she stretched getting up from her seat starting to clean up everything from the night before.

"It's a Friday so no one will be in today," she stacked some paper up putting them into her bag, "normally I stay on the weekends, but I think I'll head home this time."

Austin started packing as well, "so Monday then?"

"Yep, Monday bright and early. I would suggest not to stay up this late every night, but if you feel the need to, you're always welcome along with me," she smiled walking outside with the boy.

They said their goodbyes and went on their separate ways. The morning air was icy, and she wished she would have gotten a car for these harsh winter days. Along her way she spotted the forest where the ship from the night before had landed, her eyes lingered on the dark trees.

"God dammit," she whispered to herself taking strides to the forest.

Juniper wasn't quite sure what she was looking for, and definitely didn't expect to see the younger boy throwing around dirt and leaves cursing to himself. She lingered for a moment, not sure how to approach him. She stepped on a branch throwing a loud snap through the air, the boy turned around fast with wide eyes.

Juniper held her hands up, "uh hey there kid," she sent a half smile.

"Uh Juniper? What are ya.. what are ya doing back here?" The boy tilted his head.

The young woman shifted down the small hill near the boy, "just ya know passing by," she looked at the ground, "what are you looking for?"

Morty went back to shoveling the dirt, "grandpa dropped a part of his ship around here," he sighed, "now he's sending me to look for it, always the errand boy," he rolled his eyes.

Juniper lowered herself to the ground, "let me help," she dug into the leaves, "what's it look like?"

"Grey and round and-and has a little thing like a fan on it," he looked to her, "you'll know it when you see it."

She nodded and continued to dig, "so, your grandpa, he was the older man from the other night?"

"Yeah, that's him, rude and arrogant."

Juniper waved her hand dismissively, "he doesn't seem too bad. I'm just a random girl intruding, couldn't have asked him to act any differently," she picked up the little metal piece, "aha! Found it, here you go," she handed it to him.