01.

☽-----✢-----☾

01.

☽-----✢-----☾

♡♡♡

Juniper Willaims pushed her glasses up staring intently on the bright screen, which contained the only light occupying the small work area. This was hours of Juni searching through the results of her team's latest tests. The numbers felt like they were jumbling together, and her eyes couldn't comprehend one more sentence. The computer screen ticked off and the girl's head slid onto the desk with a long sigh escaping her lips. Hunched over the papers that strew along the messy desk.

Once the light started to fill the office Juniper had finally woken up with a pounding headache. Immediately setting off toward the bathroom to splash cold water onto her face. The girl's glasses left indents on both sides of her nose, making her rub them a couple times, trying to brush the marks away. Juni had been going on for days now with little sleep and when she finally did get rest, it would only be for a couple hours fallen on top of the first desk that landed in front of her. None of the other workers would stay as late as Juniper. If anything, she was thankful, this way she wouldn't have to make small talk throughout the night and would be completely engulfed in the work for the next day.

Although by now the other scientists had started arriving for work and she'd try not to look as sleep deprived as she felt. Thankfully nobody asked any questions only giving small pleasantries back and forth. The only ones who seemed to notice the girls distressed appearance would be her immediate team members, who had become more like family now than anything.

"Good morning," Juniper said, grabbing her lab coat off the rack.

A younger woman with long blonde hair took a step toward Juniper, "well you haven't slept a wink then."

The blonde girl poked at Junipers forehead giving her a stern look, "sleep is important for your health, you're a medical chemist, if anyone should know that it's you."

"I don't need the scolding this early Sam," Juniper pushed the girl's hand away, rolling her eyes.

On a stool sat a taller man with shaggy brown hair, "we just worry about you that's all," he let out a yawn halfway through the sentence, twisting the little curls that sat in his hair.

"You're just as sleep deprived as her Matt!" Sam yelled across the room, making both of them cover their ears.

Juniper put a hand over her eyes, "you're going to shatter every beaker we own with that pitch," she shook her head, "including my skull."

Sam put a hand on Juniper's forehead, "you're so sleep deprived you think your head is a beaker," looking deep into the girl's eye's she continued, "what's next your ears are test tubes?"

"Okay, I'm ignoring you now," Juniper shuffled past her grabbing a seat near Matt, "where's everyone else?"

"If they're smart, sleeping," Matt said.

"What did they get up too last night, I'm assuming nothing with our tests," Juniper sighed.

"Of course not, they will choose drinking over assisting with our experiments," Sam let out a soft laugh.