017.

☽-----✢-----☾

017.

☽-----✢-----☾

♡♡♡

Juniper had decided to go home to her apartment for the night, under the protest of Morty and Summer who wanted her to stick around for dinner. She used the excuse of having work the next day, but she really just wanted some time to think. Also, another night on that futon might turn her to dust. Walking into her apartment she felt the loneliness consume her, she normally felt lonely but this time it was heavier than ever. She thought about Rick's family and how welcoming they were to her, especially Morty and Summer who seemed to like having her around. Unlike Rick who was completely hot and cold with her. She was nervous that her going home would make it less likely to be invited back on another adventure considering Rick's flighty personality. He seemed to be okay with her being around enough, and he did save her life. Which is something she'd never forget. She knew that if he was really a heartless monster, he would've taken the collar for himself and thankfully for her he wasn't. She smiled to herself thinking about Rick, and the hopefulness that he wanted her around. 

Juniper heard her alarm go off loudly making her groan and roll over in her bed, from the excitement of the past months her body longed for more sleep. She looked at her phone to catch a message from Morty.

Morty

Rick's taking us on an adventure, do you want to tag along?

Juniper

Oh, awesome I get an invite! I'd love too, when are you guys going?

Morty

Probably soon, Rick's working on something. You should come now.

Juniper

Oh, sorry kiddo I have work today.

Juniper thought for a moment, she was getting invited on another adventure. She thought for sure Rick wouldn't allow it. So, she knew she couldn't miss out on this opportunity.

Juniper

Actually, I'll head over right now!

Morty

Cool!

Juniper launched herself out of bed and threw on clothes. She had decided that she pulled enough all nighters to miss one day. So, on her way over she gave a quick call to Sam telling her today she felt ill.

The familiarity of Rick's home immediately shot the lonely feeling out of her heart. This time she knocked on the garage door and hoped for a good response.

When it lifted, she saw Rick and his grandkids sitting at his desk, "hello!" Juniper said chipper as ever.

"Juniper! Hi!" Morty sent her the same chipper greeting.

"Hey Juniper," Summer started, "can I have your number too, Morty wouldn't give it to me selfish turd," she stuck her tongue at him.

"She-she threatened me!" Morty defended, "I ain't giving nothing to threateners."

"Threateners?" Summer laughed, "what are you six?"