08.

☽-----✢-----☾

08.

☽-----✢-----☾

♡♡♡

All the citadel Ricks cleared out of the house, without a trace of them being there. Juniper sat on the first chair that fell in front of her in Ricks garage, while his whole family clambered into the room to talk about the events.

Juniper stayed silent through all the chatter, thinking about what she had been through. Everything was so jumbled together in her brain, that it was hard to pick out one thing to focus on. She thought about what that Morty had said, 'every Rick has a Juniper' which would mean she was a significant part of Rick's life at some point, and she wanted to be so badly. Even though there was a lot to process from today, and she two seconds from leaving, it was still exciting. She wanted to continue on these adventures with him so badly, even though he was above all else an asshole and a as she just found out a criminal. She brushed that part of, simply because she wanted so badly to learn from him. Although, she knew it would be hard to learn from a heartless man that didn't want her around in the first place. At the end of the day, she wanted to stick around, so she would, for as long as he'd let her.

Through all of her thinking she heard Morty call out her name, "oh uh yeah, sorry, what was it you were saying?"

"We're having dinner, if you want join us," Morty said happily, "s-she can join right mom?"

The woman looked Juniper over, "of course she can."

"Thank you," Juniper smiled following the family into the dining room, she caught the chair next to Morty and stared at the food.

"Have whatever you'd like," the woman said, "I'm Beth, Rick's daughter, and this is my husband Jerry," she pointed at the man next to her, "and my daughter Summer," she motioned to the young red head at the table, "and you've already met Morty."

"It's very nice to meet you all, I'm Juniper Williams" she smiled across the table, "thank you for inviting me to dinner."

"Well, you were dragged along onto Rick's antics, it's the least we can do," Beth smiled, "so what do you do Juniper? Are you dad's partner now?"

"She's not my partner," Rick said with a mouth full of food.

"Yeah, no, I'm not his partner," Juniper said with a frown, "I'm a pharmaceutical chemist at a lab not far from here."

"Oh! So, you are a scientist like my dad," Beth seemed happily at this fact, "and your um, human right?"

Juniper laughed, "yes I'm human, no doubt about that."

"Oh good, good," Beth laughed lightly with her, "so you went to college?"

"Yes, I did," Juniper said grabbing some of the food from the table, "I ended up going for my doctorate as well."

"Oh! So, Doctor Williams then how exciting that must be," Beth smiled, "your parents must be very proud of you."

Juniper held still for a moment, "yes they are," she didn't want to bother them with her sob story, so she chose to cover up her frown with a small smile.