51

"I have all the information you wanted."

Jina mixed a cup of coffee as she pressed the phone against her ear, she looked around in case she saw Renjun, but he was still sleeping.

"So let me start with Lee Taeyong, he is related to your husband, he's his maternal cousin, his grandfather was a notorious mafia leader, and Taeyong inherited his position as leader."

"I saw him at a family dinner," Jina sucks in a breath, not sure how to feel.

"I think Jeno has connections to his mafia that's why he's doing so well."

"Excuse me?" Her eyes widened, baffled.

"I have a feeling he leads a double life. Runs his father's company during the day and gang business at night, you know? It's because of the names you gave me of your butler and bodyguard, they're Taeyong's underlings, they work for Jeno too, and... there's more." Minjeong sounded nervous.

"What more can there possibly be?" She whispered, feeling a sense of doom in her chest.

"Those messages, one of the numbers I was able to track, it's a man named Brad Kwon, an underling of a high crime gang, they're longtime enemies of Taeyong. He works in an illegal bar called Sunset Rose."

Her fists clenched as she tattooed the name and placed her brain, thinking of all sorts of ways to approach him.

"I'm going to give him a price of my mind," she grits in anger.

Minjeong laughs nervously. "Did you not hear the part I just told you he's a gang member? Please don't do anything reckless, I'm being serious. These people are not to be messed with."

Her head felt like it was spinning, feeling the parts of her brain failing to think. What was she going to do now knowing the sweet butler of hers and puppy-like husband hid secrets that she was supposed to know?

"And one more thing... that man, he probably didn't lie about the messages..."

***

There was a reason why she felt nervous around Jaemin as sweet as he was. When he kissed her he was never shy compared to the other two, and when he touched her he seemed to know what he was doing, unlike Renjun who felt unsure of himself and Jeno was gentle in his affections.

He had experience.

And that thought alone made her nauseous. Did Jeno and Renjun know? Why is he always out all day when he doesn't have any classes, and he never leaves for the company alongside Jeno and why does Jeno return so late at night?

"So you knew..."

She sat before Mark and Chenle with her arms crossed, her foot tapping against the floorboard anxiously. The two before her shared a glance making her blood boil.

"Knew what? That Donghyuck's pregnant."

"I'm talking about Jeno... you guys knew everything, didn't you?"

Mark whom she had specifically asked to meet knew he wasn't good at hiding his expressions, he sighed deeply looking the other way.