08

Jaemin woke up in a tangle of limbs. He woke up and felt his head slightly throbbing. He was in between his two mates who were sleeping soundly. He couldn't recall what happened after he got wasted.

He freshened up and walked out leaving them both a message. He was still disturbed from yesterday and knew he would be for a couple of days.

That lady. Why was he still thinking of her?

Jina was a mess since yesterday. He didn't change. Besides getting more taller and buff, his face was still the same.

Seeing him filled her with dread and anxiousness. She couldn't meet him, she wasn't ready.

She walked into the daycare and briefly spoke with Jisung, handing her baby over with a kiss on her cheek before walking out.

She walked out and turned in the direction of her bus stop but quickly froze in horror.

By the door was Jaemin. He leaned against the building, his arms crossed over his chest. He looked like a mess. His hair was disheveled and his face was pale. His clothes are the same as yesterday.

She flinched when he tilted his head to look at her. She averted her gaze as his eyes seemed to be piercing through her.

She kept her head down and walked on, ignoring him.

"Jina"

His voice boomed as clear as day, making her freeze in her tracks. With his foot, he pushed himself off from the building walking towards her and she wanted to run and move but her legs were rooted, her whole body shaking.

"You got the wrong person," she said nervously in reply attempting to walk away again but he blocked her path.

"That's not what Donghyuck told me," he says bending a bit down so they were at eye level.

"Look at me," he demands coldly. She slowly looked up at him. Her eyes began to moisten as a mixture of emotions showed on her face. Scared? Sad? Grief? Hurt? Weak? Happy?

They were mostly negative.

His eyes slowly widened, and his sluggish and annoyed expression was slowly peeling off as it mirrored her same expression. His hands were shaky as he leaned forth. His hands brushed her long hair and bang aside getting a better look at her face.

He took in a sharp intake of breath, finally seeing her face. An electrifying feeling sparked where the brief contact of their skin met.

"J-Jina? Is it you or have I gotten mad?" He asks, sounding so broken; his hands were now gently cupping her face. Was he dreaming or officially lost it?

"Jaemin," the girl replies, exhaling a shaky breath as she looked away from him.

He backed away in shock, wiping his wet eyes. He smacked himself on the face thinking he was probably insane.

"I'm hearing things," he says as he shook his head, he covered his face with his hands as he broke into laughter which hurts her heart. It wasn't the laugh she was used to.

The lady wasn't laughing or changing her expression. "Jaemin," she repeats his name, like a soft breeze. It was candy to his ears. Even her voice was the same.

"You're... what's happening? Am I mad? There's no way. Jina died two years ago! She ran away and we lost the soulmate connection so what type of fuckery is this?" He rants, his voice was now low and grave, and his teeth were clenched tight.

"I'm sorry J-Jaemin. I'm so sorry," she croaks, the dams in her eyes breaking as a rush of tears escaped.
He couldn't process anything as she spun around and run away.

"I've fucking lost it," he laughed and ignored the odd looks people gave him as he laughed like a maniac, his head was starting to hurt too.