25

Every moment of her life she had wanted to run away. Her fears controlled her everywhere she went.

She wanted to stop suffering, she wanted to be free. She wanted to finally settle herself without worry.

Her feet stop unconsciously as she stared at the familiar set of doors as the past lingered in her mind, giving her a sense of sweet melancholy. In the past this mansion was her escapism, she felt as if she were a princess for a moment, living the dream life, that happily ever after.

The two hands which held her hands also came to a halt. Jeno to her right and Jaemin to her left, and Renjun walking behind them with the toddler.

"Nini?" Jaemin calls in a soft tone, slightly pulling on her hand. She breaks out of her trance and looks at him blankly.

"Shall we get this over with?" He encourages, as he squeezed her hand assuringly. She looks at each of their concerned faces and smiles softly, silently nodding.

It was the same process. They said their greetings the only difference is that his parents recognized her immediately but they didn't create a fuss and let her explain her side of the story. They may have also reacted a lot more dramatically, as Jeno's mother and father burst into tears and apologizes.

Which soon turned to happiness when they held Rita and looked like the proudest grandparents on earth. They gave their support and it left Jina emotional, she was accepted by all their parents. She could finally be at ease without the guilt eating at her soul.

They talked about Rita most of the time to ease the dramatic and emotional energy from earlier and it seemed to work. The boys were in a good mood and Jina was relieved. They had dinner together and decided to leave afterward.

"Why don't you guys stay? Jeno's old room is still the same, you haven't been there for a long time," Jeno's father suggests.

"Yes! You can stay! It was cleaned recently so there's no dust," his mother pleads. Jeno declined, saying he had work but his father cut him off.

"I'm assigning a week off for you. I'll look after it," he says making Jeno's eyes widen. His father rarely gave him breaks.

"But Dad! Are you sure-"

"Shhh, you worry too much. This is joyous news, son. A lot has happened. You should spend time with your lovers. It's not fair to them you're always so busy," he insists, coming closer to put his hand on his shoulder.

"It's been two years, maybe you need to relieve the pain you felt, " he says quietly for only the both of them to hear.

"Yeah, and who's fault is that?" Jeno hissed, he still can't believe his parents lied about something so important. They all were but they don't want that to ruin Jina's mood.

"We'll talk some other time," he says with a sigh, backing away.

"So? What do you say Jeno?" His mom asks

Jeno's shoulder drooped. "O-okay, if you say so," he says, hesitant. He felt uneasy about taking a week off but his father had a point. He had missed them and felt sorry for rarely being around...

"Your dad is the best!" Renjun giggled, wrapping his arms around Jeno. The older make was beaming with happiness.

"Why? He should just let him work his ass off every day. What's wrong with that?" Jaemin says bitterly, still angry at him.

Jeno's expression falls tiredly as a look of guilt flashed in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Nana but you know you can't disturb me at work like that? I'm a CEO. What if someone saw us?"