06

Renjun was nervous about his baby. Whenever he left the apartment he heard another baby from the one across from his. He wondered if he could befriend whoever it was but then worried about what they might think. He was a 20-year-old male with a child, they'd probably judge him.

"It's great news, Renjun. Just call me if you ever need anything," his mom says before leaving. His parents were pleased with the news and extremely happy for him.

"Jina would have been happy," he blurts. He didn't fail to recognize the tense atmosphere and the way they frowned.

"Forget her, son. She's only brought you pain. Just focus on Jeno and Jaemin," his father says seriously.

Renjun never knew why his parents reacted like this whenever she was brought up.

He simply nodded closing the door once they walked out, he sat down and placed his hand over his flat stomach

"I will make sure you know who your mommy is- even if she's gone," Renjun says with tears rolling down his face. He brought his knees up and hugged himself.

***

Jaemin battled with himself if he should smoke or not but deciding it wasn't the right time, he put it away before he stepped into a friendly-looking place. He walked in, looking around at the little kids and grownups attending them before his eyes settled on a certain blonde-haired.

"Donghyuck!"

The male spun around with a baby in his hands.

"Oh hey, Jaemin. What brings you here?"

"I was bored and decided to help you," he says, Jaemin had been giddy about being a father and wanted to practice a bit. So he went to his friend's daycare.

"Well that's nice but we're good here," he says with a smile of appreciation.

"Well, I saw two parents enter just now. Who's going to guide them?" Jaemin says which was true. He saw two women walk in with a little boy, new faces.

"Crap. Take care of her and be nice, she's new," he panicked. He pushed the toddler in his hands before walking away in a rush.

Jaemin looked down at the baby in his hands. He expected the baby to start bawling out tears but instead, she was staring at his face in awe. Her eyes were wide and round, looking at him in wonder.

Jaemin chuckled, he walked into one of the separate playrooms, setting her on the multicolored foam floor by a bean bag as he sat in front of her.

He stared at the baby the same way she was staring at him but that didn't seem to intimidate her as she kept gawking.

"Aren't you a strange baby? " He chuckled. He reached out to slightly ruffle her hair which seemed to pull her from her daze.

An adorable grin brightened her face as she started smacking the ground a string of babble and laughter filled the air, showing off her little teeth. Some are still yet to grow out.

She gurgled something in gibberish, reaching out to him which surprised him a little. He complied and reached out for the baby, setting her on his lap.

"Appa!" She yelled resting her cheek against his chest and he flinched again as his body froze.

"You weird baby, I'm not your Appa," he chuckled, this baby was so strange.

"Appa, Appa!" She kept shouting. The baby was so excited and happy to be with him so he let it be.

"I guess I can pretend to be your Appa," he coos, the baby was melting his heart.